1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** BAD FLASH ***

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jbrizzel, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

Ok, I have 2 xbox 360's. One has a hitachi drive in it (0078) and the other one has a Samsung in it (ms28) I wanted to switch them and spoof them in the opposite motherboards, but then I ran into a huge problem.

I didn't read any tutorials out there, i took someones word from it. Anyways, I spoofed the samsung f/w as the hitachi 0078 and then went into mtkflash in DOS and flashed it, now I am getting a E65 error and I can't even eject the drive out or anything, but in DOS it is still recongized but I keep trying to re-flash it back to the original with no luck. I have not yet flashed the hitachi drive yet and probally not going to since I messed up this drive. Is it bricked? Someone please HELP ME! Thanks,

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

What happens when you try to flash it back to original and test in on the original motherboard?

3. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

It will not let me flash to my orig anymore, all I get is a E65 Error code, and from what I heard alot of people says it's rare to brick a TS drive. Any thoughts on what to do? MTKflash can still see it tho.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Get yourself another MS28 drive and hook everything up like you're going to flash it. Have the non-responsive MS28 drive also open and turned on (but not hooked up to the SATA)
    When you get to the part where you pick xtreme primary, unplug the SATA from the unmodded ms28 and hook it up to the already powered up bricked ms28.
    Then flash as normal

5. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

PS2Menance, Have alot of people successfully done that before? And how did you find that out, link me the tut if you can, Thankz

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I found it out when I was flashing a MS25 and it froze on bank2. Luckily I still had my other 360 (the one with a MS28 in it) The tutorial I used is the one I wrote in the above post since I didn't use one :)

7. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

Don't you think there can be some differences between the ms25 and the ms28 for doing that? If I get anther TS drive would you rather me get a ms25 or ms28?

8. tboom

tboom Member

the ms25 is better

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

There is no difference between the Samsug MS25/MS28 except the MS28 has different fw (just like the different models of Hitachi)

The MS25 isn't BETTER, it's EASIER.

I'd rather use a BenQ or MS28.

10. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

Ok, thanks, the thing is, I want to put my other drive (hitachi) in my smasung version 360 and my samsung version in my hitachi version. But my question is, what drive do I put into which console to flash and what program to use for each flash? Like do I use toolbox4.5 to flash the hitachi and put the hitachi in the samsung mobo to flash it? May sound confusing but could you write up a brief tut for me and the people that may have the question in the future! thanks

11. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

UPDATE* PS2Menance! Thank you soooooooooo much for the help, I guess I un-bricked it. I took a risk and put the hitachi drive in there then took it out and counted to 10 and it flashed the banks! But now I'm still trying to switch the drives from each console. Any good tutorials out there on how to do it?

12. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I won't question as to why you want to swap 2 drives since you'd have to spoof each drive to report as the other but I'll try to put something easy to understand together a little later. All you need to use if FWToolbox to copy and paste the keys, then create hacked fw like usual.

13. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

Yo menace I got it into mode b when i flashed the banks and spoofed it etc etc, but i didnt flash the keys to it now and I cant get it back into mode B !!!!!! HELP ME LOL

14. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

B_U_M_P

15. Dr_Roc

Dr_Roc Guest

What do you mean by "Have the non-responsive MS28 drive also open and turned on (but not hooked up to the SATA)"?
    Do I need to have two Xbox 360's hooked up with the bad flashed MS28 drive, and a non flashed MS28 drive? Do you then do the SATA swop over? Thanks.

16. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

I'm not talking about the ms28 drive right now, I flashed that to the hitachi mobo and it works, I need help getting this hitachi 78 into mode B again, some reason it's not goin into mode B anymore.

17. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

BUMP! I got to get this fixed ASAP, or let me know if its bricked yalllll!!!!!!!! It will boot to the dashboard, but wont load any orig games or backups. I cant get it into mode B anymore! I load it in SLAX and it hangs on "Looking For Data Molues" for awhile but then like 5 minutes after that, it will take me to the SLAX login. Could I get the Xecuter Connectivity kit and would that force it to gt it to mode b so I don't have to do this SLAX bul crap anymore? Thanks for the help guys.

18. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Dude, don't bump your own topics more than once a day.

Try Slax 2 instead of Slax 2.1 to get the Hitachi 0078FK into modeB, that is if you have a VIA 6421 chipset.

What I said about the Samsung drives require 2 360's both with Samsung drives.

19. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member

Ok, yes I have the VIA 6421A sata chip set. I un-bricked the samsung drive using the hitachi drive just to let you know, it basicly works with all drives thats not bricked.

20. Futurism

Futurism Member

When my 360 drive got this error and one red light I was able to reflash it without the 10 second trick.