1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad laser , bad optical drive, or something else?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rage4ordr, Aug 1, 2011.

1. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Well, I've been having trouble with my games freezing up- both original and backup disks. I streamed movies and they played fine. Put a game in to play and it froze after about 10 minutes. I had my box taken apart already so I replaced the lens on my drive. I figured it was worth a shot for $15. Well, got it put back together and it's doing the same thing. Streamed a movie fine, tried to play a game, froze after 10 minutes. My question is, could I have gotten a bad laser? Is my whole optical drive just jacked? Or am I missing something else?

2. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Can anyone offer any other suggestions? I have found another xbox 360 i can buy for $100. Should I just give up on the one I have and flip the bill for another one???

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

sounds like a RROD is on the way. Time for a new xbox or reflow. Movies don't hit the GPU has hard as a game.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. rage4ordr

rage4ordr Regular member

Yeah, I've actually done one of the online RROD fixes but I still get it every once in a while. I guess $100 to save me any more hassle will be worth it. At the least, I have a spare, good optical drive! :D