1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad media coming out of Supermediastore.com....

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dusty107, Jan 25, 2005.

1. dusty107

dusty107 Member

This is kind of a warning to buyers who might be thinking of getting blank DVDs from Supermediastore.com. Generally I would consider them the best store online, but over the last few months my purchases have been full of faulty batches. A batch of prodisc were so bad they actually "damaged" my burner, forcing me to purchase a new one. This has also happened to a couple of orders of Ritek -R's (though not as bad as the prodisc). I tested burning with them on friends burners to see if results were the same and they were -freezing & picture break-up during playback.
    So be careful you guys out there looking to buy supplies anytime soon.

2. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I also have gotten a few bad batches of Ritek 4x -r printable over the last 4 months. From both Meritline and Supermediastore. Same product I have bought for over a year with now issues. I am getting a complete failure on 1 to 2 disc's out of 200 and a few with pixels showing up throughout the movie.

3. Kingd

Kingd Guest

I haven't had any problems with Taiyo from Supermediastore.

4. beltline

beltline Regular member

It would be much more useful if you would post the manufactuer id of the disc's also. The type of burner you are using that these are not working on would be nice too.

Thanks

5. up4daz

up4daz Member

If you are buying the Ritek dvd-r G05's than yes I have the same problem with those stores and I looked this issue up and there are some bootleg brand Ritek out there and I have heard this from many other people including the TDK company.

6. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Like kingd said, thats the same reason I stick with taiyo yuden, or verbatim. They cost just slightly more, but have never had a bad batch from these two brands from any store including supermedia store.

7. flx2000

flx2000 Member

i had the same problem with only there 8x prodisc
    the label's started pealing off in my dvd player
    i now use princo's from the african's(local store).no problems yet.
    i only wish they where no hubs.

8. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

my personal experience has been horrific from supermediastore, i'd stay far away from them. About a year and a half ago I started purchasing from shop4tech and newegg and both stores are 5 star. If I were you i'd start looking directly at shop4tech for media, especially ritek and Prodisc, and newegg for PC parts and other misc electronics items.

Supermediastore and meritline get the overall worst reviews from all the sites on the web i've read, do your own search, it ain't pretty for those two stores and they're the shadiest of them all.

9. 222333444

222333444 Member

To me they seem to be all the same. I haven't had any trouble with any seller and they ship them imediatley.

10. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

There seems to be a common theme. From time to time you seem to hear about a bad batch of ritek, or prodisc. I don't think its the seller, but the manufacturer. Spend a nickel or so extra a disc and get a good brand like taiyo, or verbatim.

11. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

Recently bought some Taiyo Yuden's from supermediastore.com and have had no problem at all. They shipped on time and the product was delivered as scheduled. With every company out there, you are going to have people who have problems and those who do not. But it's good for people to share their experiences regardless of their level of satisfaction so that others can accumulate data as well as personal opinions.

12. gigabite

gigabite Guest

Purchased 50 ritek go4's 4x from meritline last week...had 3 coasters in a row..returned them all..first time I had a problem with ritek's...don't blame meritline..they are only a distributor.

13. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I wan't blaming Meritline or Supermedia. They just happen to be were I got the disc's from. I was saying however that it is weird Ritek a pretty reliable brand. has seamed recently to have gone down in quality.

14. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

Thats cause Ritek has been fooling around with the dye process, myself I buy Taiyo Yuden and never have a problem with them no matter where I buy them