1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad media or what ???

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by madmax69, Apr 7, 2005.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Is this possible????? Can a dvd play fine on a stand alone player and be unreadable on my computer.....this is a first forme....well obviously it can but what does it mean.???? bad media??? is there anything I can do.??? I wanted to copy it...but like I said it does not read at all on my computer......any help is much appreciated...

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I think PCs try to read every single byte whereas a DVD standalone player will just skip over errors. You can try Decrypter and just set it to ignore errors and retries. Or try it on a friend's burner that might be better than yours. Just that my Plextor will read DVDs that my old NEC couldn't. If it's not your DVD, try the soap and water method, wiping down all the smudges and fingerprints. I also put them in my fridge afterwards, but that's just my weird little ritual for unreadable DVDs. ;)

3. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

This is a simple suggestion and not meant to question your abilities or intelligence........but, you do have a DVD reader in your PC, right?

DF

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@madmax69 - what media you using, what you using to burn ?. If Nero can you post the last section of your log (minus serial number which begins with 1A21 or similar). we can see your drive firmware level, media, burn speed (errors obviously, if any, probably not in this case), DMA settings , book type etc etc

5. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Ok guys...thanx for the help....I was gone for a few days and have not tried anything yet....first of all I have an I/O Magic 8x internal +-R burner...I am not sure who makes it because I/O magic is no the manufacturer...anyway..I will try decrypter and ignore errors..see what happens...I tried the old soap and water method....didn´t work but anyway I will also check with nero..and let you guys know..thanks for your help....