1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Media????

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by celticash, Nov 2, 2003.

1. celticash

celticash Member

I have captured a movie from VHS and did everything to make a DVD. I burned it using a Lite-on burner which burns either DVD - or +. I used TDK DVD-R disks. It plays fine on my computer but when I put it in my APEX 1500 player, it plays the video but NO sound. The APEX has played everything that I have ever put in it, and checking with other sites, they say that it plays everything but DVD Ram. Could it be the media itself??? I used the "Identifier" to see who manufactured the disk and "No Information" came up. Could these be fake TDK's. It's the only thing I can think of that might make it not play on the APEX. I seen other posts that sometimes the player is picky about some kinds of medis. Could somebody give me some advice. Thanks

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Maybe you have to select the right sound stream?
    Anyway, I use TDK media and never had a problem, so it must be something else.
    Of course if they are fake the media can be your problem.
    Why don't you try some other media?

3. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

Ok, this is nothing to do with the media, it is to do with your audio stream.. What program did you use to convert to mpeg? depending on the program it may have converted the audio to one of three different streams 1. PCM audio which is a wav file, 2. MPEG audio 3. AC3 which is dolby digital. All three can be played back by most PC based DVD software, however to play on standalone DVD player may require going into the setup menu and finding and changing the audio settings if you want to play PCM (This is with some players) some players will auto select the audio stream. If your player for some reason can not play PCM or MPEG audio, or you can't find the audio option in the setup menu, do a search for "Besweet" and use this program to convert your audio stream to AC3, hope this makes sense.