1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad noise from my HD..and

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by paulsy, Jan 31, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya guy's here's a couple of posers for you.i'll keep it simple coz it's the only way i know.I used CJC's excellent guide to get rid of hundreds of creepy crawlies first class i may add..now from time to time when i need to restart my computer it makes a mad clanking noise even with my very limited knowledge i know something aint right.2nd prob when i am closing a proggie down lets say AD for example the page will roll and stutter down the screen.Is there something lying in the depths somewhere? and can i do anything to exorcise this fowl beastie?this is just something that has been bugging me for a while now.all the best p. forgot to mention i have norton 2005 installed.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

problems might be related to hd. do a thorough scan of hd so will take a couple of hrs. how big & old is hd??

3. paulsy

paulsy Member

sorry ddp should have included these details.

e machines
    windows xp version2
    sp2
    celeron(R) cpu 2.50GHz
    2.49GHz,128mb of ram
    does this help any.
    when i left HD in for dvdrw instal the guy rang me and told me HD was rubberducked full of adware but he could do something with it..permission granted, all he done was delete everthing (kids school projects and all)which i asked him to save,reinstall windows and that was it,left all the creepy crawlies on the drive and as i say i followed cjc's guide and literally got rid of hundreds 436 at the last count i think..by the way he knew how to charge aswell,think i'll go get my money back today....P

4. paulsy

paulsy Member

sorry again..it's only about 1 year old,how can i do a thourough scan i've used what the guide recommended,do i need to go further?...P

5. LucyCaz

LucyCaz Member

My hard drive was making an awful noise but now after replacing my fan its silent...........

6. paulsy

paulsy Member

don't think it's the fan lucycaz..only happens when i have to do a re/start..it's a juddering noise and that bit about the screen..i can just imagine some horrible beastie lurking in the shadows somewhere lol...P

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do a scan disk but windows will tell you it will do it on next startup but also check your different fans for that noise