1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad or just me?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kyleb1115, Sep 29, 2004.

1. kyleb1115

kyleb1115 Member

I can successfully burn dvd's... i use dvd shrink to decript and clone DVD to burn.,.(sometimes dvd shrink..) but what i was wondering is is it normal for there to be little glitches in the movie when u watch it (the burned copy) or is it not normal? it does not make the movies un watchable but i burned a dvd that was soo small i had 1 gb left..i did not even compress it at all and it still had the glitches..

any input would ease me mind..:)

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hi kyleb1115,

Any input? Well ok then...

You shouldn't be having glitches if you don't need to compress at all. Try using different programs. Like DVD Decrypter to rip and burn (if you don't need to shrink).

Make sure you aren't burning too quickly...you may be introducing errors. Try at 2x or even 1x to make sure that isn't the issue.

What brand disks are you using? If they are cheap ones, that could be the problem.

Adder.

3. kyleb1115

kyleb1115 Member

ok thanks...give me some time....i am using Legacy disks... but i have memorex diska i have used..lemme see if those have them... im going to try burning at 1x... ive been burning at 4x... and i will keep using dvd shrink (95% of my dvd's need to be shrunk) but if not..ill try it... i use those extra features that improve quality on DVD shrink.. anyone have any other progrand that work good? any other ideas on slitching? i think it could be the burning process..

the glitches are usually like a suddden stop wioth like multicolor boxes on the screen for about a second..the sound stops..and then movie continues again perfect.. but im still experimanting..after 30 DVDs i havent found the trick.. because even compressed DVD's are awesome quality..video and sound..except for those glitches.. ok let me see what i can do..any extra imput is appreciated... ill reply back with what i find out..

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Most glitches, jitters, pauses, and such can be attributed to what we like to call "crap" media.
    Memorex=crap media
    Why?
    They use several different companies to manufacture their media and not all of them have the highest of quality standards. Like to gamble? Skip the trip to vegas and go buy more memorex, because that's what your doing when you buy memorex: gambling. You never know if you're going to get quality or crap. Save them for when you need to make a data disc not video.

Have a look here....
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

This should give you some good info on media.

Edit...
    I've never heard of Legacy media. You might try DVDInfoPro to see who makes them. You can get it here....
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Presario..Athlon 2.16Ghz..512MB RAM..140G HD..HP 300n[/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  5. oneacer

oneacer Regular member

Do yourself a favor and get some Ritek Ridata. That should end your jitters.

6. kyleb1115

kyleb1115 Member

im short on time... but here is what i have....and besides the jitters (i have same thing on 3 diff types of disks..) they work great.. i just cant afford to speld alot on them.. these 50 pack legacy disks were no more then 20 bucks.. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-131-002&depa=0

i was going to get the ritek/ritdata but these were cheaper...and had good reviews..

i have not tried burning at a slower speed..lemme try that first..i had to do that before..might be the problem.