1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad porting jobs undermining the ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by anubis66, Jul 13, 2007.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i've said this for so long, and now one of the guys running it says the same thing. if i saw it, im glad he did. the ports from the 360 dont looks as good because the ps3 has a slight graphics edge. on top of that, the ports are reduced in quality for that they can get higher framerates without rewriting much code. its lazy on the devs term and makes people ashamed of the ps3.

http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/07/e3_2007_bad_ports_are_undermin.html

2. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

yea...splinter cell double agent was horrible...luckily ubisoft kinda redeemed themselves with Vegas...but even Vegas is still kinda messed up...

3. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

ye its tru it is very dissapointing, but not to worry, as soon as the games like kill zone come out, we will be seein the tru beauti of the whole thing

the trailer is in game footage and it looks amense

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I have been saying that for a LONG time, which is why I don't support those dev's when they come out with crappy ports....

5. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

hopefully sony can pull things off, and hopefully heresay people believe about the ps3 will change before it becomes "fact". its hard to change opinions about something after 2 years.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

once again ubisoft is brought up They thrash ps3s theyre probably on bill gates u know what as we speak. Most of sonys good exclusives past and present were made by sony. Porting is not the problem its fanboy based companies crapping all over ps3 like ubisoft. These companies forget who made them into who they are. Lets say for instance without playstation where would rainbow 6 and ghost recon be right now. If it wasnt for vegas and assassins creed and splinter cell who would play an ubisoft game u should be thrashing urselves ubisoft for doing a crappy job and not the ps3 for a high price tag. Socom is way better than ghost recon anyway.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  7. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Wow.....please edit that and use some punctuation. That is way too hard to try and read.

~Rich

8. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

sorry hopefully thats a lil better

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  9. limelight

limelight Regular member

Give developers time. Theyve worked with the 360 for quite some time now and know the hardware, while the ps3 is still relativley new. Once they get a hold of it and gain better insight into the ps3's innards, im sure that games will surpass that of 360.

10. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

its not so much they dont know how, its that they are lazy and cheap with the porting process. so if its made for 360, they reduce its graphics to compensate for blocky unaltered code from another console.

11. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i just saw this, and i have to agree to an extenxt. im sure quite a few companies are composed of people who favor one console, and would love to make people believe the other is worse. i bet many companies have to be under secret pay to reduce a competing product, but under thhe veil of an "assistance" or "contribution".