1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Quality

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mbrownab, Mar 5, 2005.

1. mbrownab

mbrownab Guest

1st off, I get my movies in .avi format. Then I use dvd santa to convert the files to .vob, .bup, and .ifo files.
    There after I use Nero Express to copy them to DVD. (got me so far???) My question is, Why is some movies such BAD quallty?? The sound is good, but the picture/video is really,really bad. Some are ok though, but not really Great. What am I doing wrong? Maybe burn at a slower speed? (I cant with Nero Express for some odd reason)
    Any help would be REALLY much appreciated!!
    Thank You in advance!! ty :)

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

How is the quality when you play the avi on media player?

3. mbrownab

mbrownab Guest

When I play it(or any) on my CPU the Quallity Is GREAT, But when I burn It It Is REALLY poor (some of them), and the others are fair-better, but not excelent

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

check the avi thats good and one thats bad in GSPOT or AVIcodec and see if they are different like mpeg4 or mpeg2 quailty to start with!!!

basically the better the avi then better the dvd vobs etc...after...

as 2 conversions to get from avi to vob looses quality

could try VBR 2 PASS rate on bad avi's etc in settings, it will take longer...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  5. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

My girlfriend just got a couple off the net that she asked me to burn ...... they were not the best quality as the whole movie was only 500 meg in size. I ran it through NeroVision Express 3 but used the make movie first and joined the 2 avi files to one large mpeg2 file. This really improved the quality but takes along time. This might help you. Afterward just burn the project with NeroVision and the results surprised me though I still prefer to wait for the dvd to come out insted of doing it this way. Total time for a movie to disk .... about 6 1/2 hours using double pass encoding and I have a decent system.