1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Ram causing Encoding Crashing Problems?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fstln23, Feb 1, 2007.

1. fstln23

fstln23 Member

Hi.

As some of you may know, I have been struggling with this issue for a month now.

Ive been encoding divx xvid AVI MPEG WMP movies forever, and only recently have had problems with every Program crashing on me (convertxtodvd DVDsanta TMpeg, etc) during transferring/encoding to dvd.

Well ive tried it all. Reformatting my hardrive, upgrating to windows xp pro, windows vista, downgrading to windows xp home, and many more... and the problem still exists. Ive gotten the correct codecs. The movies play but still crash durring encoding.

SO... i just did a ram/memtest on my computer and let it run for 11 hours. It has detected 13 Errors of BADRAM.

Its obvious I have bad ram and should have my memory replaced reguardless.. but is the bad mem/ram the cause of the crashing????? Any advice appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. fstln23

fstln23 Member

I also get the BSOD (Blue screen of death) along with Windows errors..