1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad SM DVD Disk???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by yaargh, Aug 13, 2004.

1. yaargh

yaargh Member

Hey all

I just got my fliptop + SM Disks from Console Source today and i've been having a hell of a time trying to get anything to work. I've tried 2 backups of Driv3r and 1 of Samuri Warriors but to no avail. I'm starting to think the problem is my SM DVD 2.0 disk. Here's why...

When I put the SM DVD in, it bring it to the mem card/dvd menu and when I pick the DVD it says loading then bring it right back to the mem card/DVD screen. Sometimes when I pick it, it says NO DATA. Others it goes to the actual SM menu and I put in the backup, and I always get a red border. One time it booted directly to the SM "insert disk" menu from a powerup, but like I said, i've only had that happen once. Now I know im not stupid and the burns are good. I've done them on 2 different burners and still nothing. All I can think of is the SM DVD disk is bad...

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks..

2. yaargh

yaargh Member

WHAT?!

I just tried it again after I made that post and I got pissed and hit my ps2 during the "insert disk" from the SMD menu and it booted right into the backup! What the hell...???

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

maybe your flip top isn't seated quite correctly try tightening or loosening the screws a little bit