1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

badly scratched dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 1969chevy, Aug 14, 2011.

1. 1969chevy

1969chevy Member

what the best way to make a badly scratched dvd play again(plays fine in my dvd player but want to backup for it gets worse and wont)? or does any software read them better than others? trying to back up my caddyshack dvd but there is 3 or 4 files that it wont read.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

ImgBurn (Create Image File from Disc option) or rip with the old DVD Decrypter (not the Slysoft program).
    Both will try multiple times to pull data from the disk.

Imgburn > Tools > Settings > Read > Read Errors.
    The software default is 20.
    Optionally enable 'Hardware Retries' (default 2) - if the drive has the capability you will get 20x2 retries per error.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Original disc take it to a vid hire store & have em give it a very lite polish,other option the files it has trouble reading unless it's part of the movie then deselect em,now these files that won't read are you saying they play fine on the dvd player ?,this suggests the comp dvd writer is older than the dvd player,get a new dvd burner & yep i'm speaking from experiance & is what happened to me,lightly scratched discs to medium coudn't be read,bought the latest in the make & presto no more read errors unless scratches are extreme & deep

unsubbed