1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

baffled by writer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dmtcgds, Feb 1, 2005.

1. dmtcgds

dmtcgds Guest

hi everyone, i have been copying sucessfully my dvds. i use shrink and decrypter and burn with roxio. all of a sudden now when i go to copy it tells me writing was sucessful and when i play it the dvd player says unknown disc. i have had my writer for only a short period it is a micro advantage dvd+rw 4x2x. i am using sony dvd+r to burn what is going on? any ideas for this newbie??? i have plenty of coasters, anyone need some

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Do you have an error log? I would get rid od ROXIO. It will cause problems if you try to use other burning programs.
    DVD Decrypter will burn DVDs. Try that and see what happens.

Get some RW disc till you sort out your trouble.

3. dmtcgds

dmtcgds Guest

thanks for the quick response. no there is no error logs it is telling me at the end of the disc burn time writing sucessful. when i put the disc in dvd player it tells me no disc. or unknown disc. i should delete roxio.?thanks again

4. dmtcgds

dmtcgds Guest

thanks for the quick response. no there is no error logs it is telling me at the end of the disc burn time writing sucessful. when i put the disc in dvd player it tells me no disc. or unknown disc. i should delete roxio.?thanks again

5. hursty

hursty Active member

yes get rid of roxio.its blacklisted.you need to uninstall it,but this will not totally get rid of this awful software,do a search on this forum for a link.
    have you been able to play any dvd+r on your dvd player?
    is your player compatible with the media?

6. dmtcgds

dmtcgds Guest

i went and put the + in dvd player and worked and put it in another time and it didnt. what is going on. i am starting to think is there something wrong with my writer.is dvd+r not a compatable media for common dvd players. you cant tell im a newbie can ya???? thanks for your wonderful advice. p.s. why the link for creator?

7. hursty

hursty Active member

+r should be compatible on most dvd players,it as just an option i was suggesting.
    as for roxio,like i said before you will not totally erradicate this software by just uninstalling it.it gets deep into your system.
    do a search on this forum on how to do it
    just type in "how do i get rid of roxio",i know scuba pete has posted a link somewhere.

have you tried reading the discs on another dvd player?
    have you tried using other media?the dvd player might be having trouble picking up your disc's
    it might be the disc's are poor quality?
    there could be lots of different reasons for problem you are having.
    with regards kind regards hursty

8. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

9. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Do you have a DVD player on your PC? It is plays fine on your PC, you can eliminate a few of the casues. As in all troubleshooting, you have to determine if it is:
    1 - Your burning software
    2 - Your burner
    3 - Your DVD blanks (try different brands)
    4 - Your standalone DVD player (if it plays on another player, it could be your player doesn't play +Rs or doesn't play cheap media).

10. dmtcgds

dmtcgds Guest

guys, hats off to ya!!!!!! thanks so much. it was a combo of dvd +s and roxio once i changed the software and got some -s i was good to go... i wish i could buy ya an ice cold frosty one.... thanks so much for your expertizeeeeeeeeee