1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bah..Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kthxbai, Jun 9, 2007.

1. kthxbai

kthxbai Member

OK, I bought my 2.6 psp afew days ago, up'd it to 2.71, down'd it to 1.5, and then up'd to 3.40-oea..

I think that all went well, at least Im running 3.40-oea lol...But I added some music and pictures, and it said corrupt data when I went to play them on the psp...And when I hooked it back up to make sure the files were mp3 and whatnot, there werent any music files, just a whole bunch of (the technical term for when your computer doesnt know what the file is) with [ ] as the file name...And the same thing for my photos...

So I go to delete the all the files and try to put them on again, and it either says I cannot delete them or just freezes up...

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. kthxbai

kthxbai Member

Sorry for double posting, no edit button :(..

I considered formatting my memory stick, But what will that do to my fw? Will I simply have to replace all the files or go through the whole process again?

Whoever said ingorance is bliss must never have tried to mod a psp...

3. kvsingh

kvsingh Member

na just format ur memory stick from ur psp. the files will get created itself.

4. kthxbai

kthxbai Member

So it replaces all the corrupted files (that are supposed to be there, sorry dont know the proper term)in the game folder and whatnot?...

Not trying to question your knowledge or anything, I just really dont want to mess up my psp lol

5. willist

willist Guest

I would like a translation of the letters you used in your query.

First, I would request that you DO NOT format whatever it is you are having trouble with because it will erase everything!

I also seem to have a different time than you do. I am at Pacific coast time.

If this note makes sense, then reply.

Theo

6. kvsingh

kvsingh Member

dont worry just format you mem card from the option in ur psp, and then try adding the files again.
    the folders wil be there to put the files in
    see if that works

7. kvsingh

kvsingh Member

why not?
    can you explain a bit plz?
    i thought u can, i remember reading on a forum.
    soz kthxbai man if im wrong.

8. kthxbai

kthxbai Member

I dont have anything on there that I'm worried about losing, I'm just dont know if all the custom fw stuff that allows me to play iso's and emulators and whatnot (and keeps my psp from bricking lol) will still be there when I re-format..

Along the same lines, Do I need anything on my spare ms to switch them out?...For example, the "corrupt" files in the game category that are, to my understanding, necessary..

I hope im making sense here, because Im so confused its driving me insane...

9. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

well if you take everything off of you memory stick it shouldnt do anything to your updated psp at all because if you take the data stick out completely and put in one that you have bought from the store in your psp, it will still have the same firmware. the only thing i would recommend is make a folder onto your computer with the files in it for reupgrading to 3.40 in the case you accidentally uninstall the custom firmware you have right now. but as far as needing the upgrade files on your pro duo well dont worry about that cause you dont. as a matter of fact try taking out your stick and looking at system settings right now. if it goes back to the previous setting i'll buy you a new updated psp off of ebay

10. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

oh and FYI when i play my super nintendo and nes emulators the data sticks i have them on dont have my update information on them nor does my psp iso file stick which has like socom 1 and 2 and fight night round 3. all work right as rain.

11. kthxbai

kthxbai Member

ok, thanks alot, just had to make sure...definitly cant afford a new one lol