1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ban 360 then purchase a core what do i do?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by catsee, Jun 1, 2007.

1. catsee

catsee Guest

guys i have a ban 360 now purchase a core now some1 told me i have to reformat the drive how do i do that and also how do i get my gamer tag back?

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I already had a memory card so I transfered it over after formating, but you can recover your gamertag from the live blade. Select recover gamertag, enter your Live email and password and it will recover you gamertag onto your storage device. To format the hard drive go to memory, select hard drive and format. You'll have to enter the console's serial number to continue.

3. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

there should be an option in the system tab. just look around in there. remember that it will erase your game saves and downloads when you format it. then on the new 360 go to the xbox live tab and select recover gamertag. then it will find your gametag and set it up.

4. catsee

catsee Guest

guys thank u 1 last questions is this mandatory if i want to mod the core n play my backups?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's hard to say it mandatory. I've seen 2 reports of bans from new Cores using hard drives from banned consoles. They were early in the bans so who knows? Maybe MS realizes it's not good to ban from that. Still I say it's better to be safe than sorry.

6. catsee

catsee Guest

memnock 2 questions

1 i reformat my drive then hook it up to the new core am im fine or do i need to do something else

2 i havent mod the new core yet im gonna do it tomorrow do u think just for today i can go online then tomorrow mod the thing with iextreme and still be fine? i dont want to go online then ms read something then i jump back on tomorrow with new firmware n get ban

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Format it again on the 2nd 360 just to be on the safe side.

I think you should be safe online with a brand new Core with ixtreme until MS can figure something else out. Who knows how long that'll take? People talk about the disc response times, but it seems non stealth backups get people banned. Obviously Ixtreme won't load non steatlh backups. I've been on Live for 10 days now with a new Premium 360 with 5.3a only playing stealth backups.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  8. catsee

catsee Guest

mem is it ok for me to go online without iextreme then tomorrow flash the drive ? because right now i cant find some1 to flash my drive
    again i dont want to go online without flash then go online with flash n ms detech something let me know

9. catsee

catsee Guest

i did format the 360 again just to be safe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

unless you watch the person flash it then i would want to be safe and not play online before its flashed. im not in NYC but i can flash it if you want to ship it. pm me if you want to.

11. catsee

catsee Guest

mike its flashed thanks again