1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band of Brothers - Forced subtitles?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by castun, Sep 9, 2004.

1. castun

castun Member

When I was backing up my series of Band of Brothers, I noticed there were 'Forced French Subtitles.' Now, these French subtitles never popped up when playing off of the original disks, but after making the copy of the first DVD and testing out the copy, I noticed that now the Forced French subs are popping up all by themself.

They only come up when there's words or other text on the screen (like date & time) My question is, why are they coming up all by themself? I'm not reauthoring the disc at all, I copied completely everything except for the foreign sound stream, and that first disk I decided to just keep the subs because they didn't take up much room at all (strange how there's no English subs though!)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

check your players settings. Or do the backup again and remove the subtitles.

3. castun

castun Member

The forced french subtitles come up even on my regular DVD player that's hooked up to my TV. Even with subtitles turned off.

Though I am curious, I do remember removing the regular french subtitles (for ALL the dialogue) and since there was no English subtitles included, maybe it's defaulting to the forced ones? Without any regular subtitles on the backup except for the forced ones, I cannot choose any subtitle options in my DVD player.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I've got Band of Bothers and I don't get force subtitles.