1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by 60175, Jul 15, 2003.

1. 60175

60175 Member

Saw quite a few posts relating to back up of the Band of Brothers disks, so I just thought I would throw in my two cents.

Tried a process I saw here using IFO edit to seperate out each episode, which worked fine. But...

I just ran DVD Decryptor for the full disk, and then DVD2one to compress and successfully ripped the 1st disk (Watching it now)

Anyone else tried this with different results?

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Well I am assuming that they ripped it one episode a disc to retain the quality. No other reason to do this.

And why wouldn't a compression of Band of Brothers not work?

3. 60175

60175 Member

No idea, the menu's are a bit fancy, but the quality of the films weren't degraded much. Oh, I also forgot to mention, the rip that worked will not play with Power DVD, but works fine in both of my DVD players.

4. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Yep that happens sometimes. I've had quite a handful of ripped movies/episodal dvds that would just not work with Powerdvd. I get a black screen or a messed up menu screen.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

6. onesaint

onesaint Guest

60175: I did the same steps and the quality was horrible. so i got rid of all the extra junk and ripped both episodes to their own files. and like you said now im trying to play with those "fancy menus" to keep the same amount of disks and good quality.