1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned by DNAS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rhem, Aug 8, 2004.

1. rhem

rhem Regular member

I heard that you can go online with the CD-R version of the game. If I try it and get banned what will happen.
    Am i banned 4eva. Do they shut down my PS2 (which I heard on Gamer.TV)

THanx

Rhem

2. satanlimb

satanlimb Member

No silly, it's like this:

In order to go online with a backup, you must patch the DNAS protected files. See http://www.ps2nfo.com for details. The short and skinny of the process is that you need to obtain a valid disc ID from an ORIGINAL disc of the game you'd like to backup and go online with. If you try to get a disc ID from a backup, you will fail. If you find the disc ID online (some people have posted them at certain places), chances are that $ony knows of that disc ID also (they can search just like you can) and have added that one to a list of "bad" disc ID's. If you are stupid and still do this, then yes, you may get banned, and yes FOREVER. One side note is that some in the scene have been working on a Machine ID changer to actually change your personal machine's ID (which is what get's banned by $ony). This would theoretically allow to to escape from a ban. It has not been released yet but again, you can read about it at http://www.ps2nfo.com
    Hope this helps

3. rhem

rhem Regular member

THanx alot. Ok I get It now. I was wathchinn Gamer.TV and a man who moniters the Online Gaming can see if your using a copied game and/or If your using a modchip and shut u down. Will e c i'm using a Modchip and shut me down reuardless of using an original game

THanx Again

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if your using an original, you must put your modchip in sleep mode or dnas will detect it. If you are using a backup and patch it with the dnas id from YOUR original, you have nothing to worry about. If too many people are online with the same dnas id, you will be banned.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  5. rhem

rhem Regular member

wow. thanx alot. I'll just buy Online games and dl Ofline games. Much easier

THanx

Rhem

6. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

What is considered "too many people"? Would two people be able to use the same ID at the same time?

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no one knows the exact number, but 2 at the same time wont get you banned.

8. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

Have you tried this? Has anybody else? I just want to make sure before I get me and my friend banned...

9. chuckp99

chuckp99 Member

I highly doubt sony would ban your machine ID. That wold ruin it for you to ever play any game online ever. Therefore they would ruin the chance of ever selling you a game for online play in the future.

Sony isn't that stupid there all about the money.

10. chuckp99

chuckp99 Member

There I just tried to play with madden 05 burned copy that i'm sure was banned just to prove my point. Loaded her up and boom dnas 402 error. So now I pop in my original of Socom 2 and load her up to see if my machine ID is banned nope socom 2 works fine. Now i'm going to patch the madden 05 iso with my socom 2 disc ID just to test some rumors floating about. I'll keep this thread up to date.

11. chuckp99

chuckp99 Member

There socom 2 original disc ID worked for madden 05. So basically DNAS must be a central server ie....

1 for US games / NTSC
    1 for Pal games and some servers probably country specific.

So if you have an original disc ID for the country you live in it should work in any DNAS verified game.

For all the slow people out there what this means is that:
    If you have an original purchased game for your country that uses the DNAS system. That disc ID will work with any burned game that uses the DNAS system. Just patch your dl'd or ripped iso with iso patcher from ps2nfo before you burn it and your set.

12. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

Holy crap! It works! I just put a MVP Baseball code on my NFS Underground DVD-RW and it WORKED fine! I was also able to play XIII online with 2 consoles using the same code.. kind of reluctant to use three at the same time, but I'll probably try it next week.

13. rhem

rhem Regular member

So let me get this straight. All online game 4 PS2 have 1 code. And if I patch say my Socom 2 Code with Need for Speed. It'll work. And If i get banned it's not 4eva.

14. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

You can use Any USA code on any USA game. I wouldn't go
    spreading your codes though, cause if too many people get
    on, you will get that code banned. I've done it with 2 people at
    the same time and it works great. Gonna try with three
    tomorrow.

Anyway, nobody really knows how long the ban lasts. It's a
    ban on that CD code. So you could technically just get another
    code and start all over again.

Edit: to clarify, no they do not have one specific code. In fact,
    every disk has it's own unique key.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  15. rhem

rhem Regular member

O. I'm baffed. Okay So If I want 2 play a copied online game. I'd have 2 get the original some how (rent) find the ID... patch my image and dun. But then It might stop workin cuz they change em' If 2 many people use em' (AHHH) Can some1 wid expreience tell me what the real stuff iz.

THanx

16. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

First off you should have the original if you have a backup of that game or it is piracy. Secondly if you are using an i.d that other people are using on different ps2's and games then sony will ban this i.d and you wont be able to get online with the id so you will have to patch it with a new unbanned i.d.

17. rhem

rhem Regular member

err ok. i'm soz but i'm newbie wen it comes 2 dis
    1. Get Disc ID from original
    2. Patch DVD-R Image

Okay. But if I get the unique Disc ID will i get bannned if 2 many people use it
    (BAFFED)

THanx

18. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

If you get it from your own original disc and dont give it no one then you will only be the one using it and wont get banned. Each disc has its own unique id for 1 person. If people start sharing it and using it on there backup then too many people will have the same id and will get banned.

19. rhem

rhem Regular member

O I C. mhhh. so it's best if you patch it yourself. i get it now lol. o u guys rock tellin newbies like me this stuff. cuz i'm soundin annoying askin question. thanx 2 every1 who replied!

20. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member