1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned console being sent in

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fgamer, May 22, 2007.

1. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well I got 2 360 consoles, 1 Hitachi 0078 and Samsung MS28 (MS28 still has Xtreme firmware on it but still works online with my original GOW). I never really hooked the Hitachi 360 up in a while until I did the spring update but I decided to hook it up today after about nearly a whole month of not using it and to my surprise it ask me to update I did now it's banned. I had replaced the original firmware back on the drive before the spring update though.

So now I called Microsoft and was on the phone with them for about 2 hours(literally), I talked to a rep that went through all the available troubleshooting etc, then after talking to him for about an hour explaing that I can't connect to Xbox Live etc. he said it's nothing he can do as the console may have been modded, so I strongly disagreed with him and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was transfered to a supervisor which was made aware of the situation, I then was transfered to the hardware department at which point they placed me on hold 2-4 times. They finally concluded that I should send it in for repair to solve the problem, they gave me a reference number etc. and will be shipping out a prepaid box.

Im just not sure if they'll repair it or not for online play. My question is do you guys think it's a good idea to send it in although I really did moddify it in the past?

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

If the theory about powering it up without a DVD drive connecting via SATA is being logged somewhere in the console is true then will know you modded it or at least violated your TOS. What they will do to you for you jerking them around, who knows?