1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned from Xbox Live......Please Help...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by satman69, Feb 8, 2005.

1. satman69

satman69 Member

I upgraded my HDD in my xbox after I signed up for my xbox live account and now I've been banned. I didn't have the chip on and it booted the original bios and dash. The first time after I replaced my HDD I was able to sign on to Xbox live, but now I can't. Is there ANY way to un-ban myself from xbox live? (Maybe reinstalling the old HDD?) If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!! I really want to play my online games.

Please Help,
    Thanks in advance.

2. dann5

dann5 Member

well, i'm sure if microsoft banned you, they banned your account, which has nothing to do with your hardware/software including your xbox. unless you bitch and bitch and say you never did anything to your xbox and demand your account back, i don't think there is really anything else you can do.

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

they don't ban your account...they ban the xbox...you can bitch and cry all you want and it won't change...you can try a new eeprom, but if you leave that large hd in, you will probably be banned again.

the reason i say this is, when you first signed up to live you used a stock hd...and as soon as you put your new hd in and signed on, microsoft's flags went off and they banned your xbox...there is a theory going around that what ever hd you sign up to live with you must play with

i have 2 modded xbox's and i use the stock hd whenever i play live and have yet to be bannned...your best bet is to stick with the stock hd when playing live....it is kind of a pain switching hd's in and out...but i would rather switch my drives then be banned.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ satman69

You're going to get banned from here too if you ever spam a question across multiple forums again. Read the forum rules before posting again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  5. newbie888

newbie888 Member

could u get a xetender thing that allows u to put 3 hdd in your xbox and u can switch between them. So could u do that instead of switchin ur old and new hdd in all the time?

6. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

yes, you can do that too.

7. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

As long as you have a new eeprom and a new hard drive at the same time, and the new hard drive is locked, you are fine. M$ wont scan your hard drive for files