1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned - what is the best drive to get now?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by takeabow, Nov 18, 2007.

1. takeabow

takeabow Member

Hey, i recently checked my 360 (hitachi drive) and its been banned. I was going to sell it to a family member and buy a new one and get it flashed off someone. I was just wondering what the best drive is to get for flashing - also I have quite a few backup games for the hitachi (using torrents, then extracting and burning them to disc) so i was just wondering if they would work on any drive or would i need to stick to a hitachi? thanks for readin..

2. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Ermm well easiest drive IMO is hitachi.. but some may say samsung are easier. BenQ for now are the harddest.

Also just to let you know when your console is "banned". Your actual console is banned not the drive.

3. takeabow

takeabow Member

yeah soz i mis typed that. im actually going to buy a full new console. I was just going by the drive in it. You see i heard the sammys are very well stealthed (100% so i heard - so it shouldnt need flashed again after first) and as i cant actually flash a 360 myself it would save me having to try and get it flashed whenever there is a scare.

Thanks for reply tho.

4. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Yer sammys are better stealthed just because of the way they run. However at the minute no one using Ixtreme is getting banned. Therefore next time MS decides to whip out the ban hammer (Finds a way of detecting us) Likeliness is both Hitachi and Samsungs will get banned.

Soo if you want:

Best drive = BenQ (Quickest + Quietest [Apparently, havent got one myself])

Best stealth = Samsung

Easiest Flash = Hitachi

Thoose in my opinion :)b

5. takeabow

takeabow Member

thats brill - thanx bud. think im gona go for a sammy just cus i need 1 thats less likely to get banned again lol i realise now its not gona be totaly foolproof unfortunately but sounds like theres a beter chance than with the hitachi

6. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Ye sounds like a good idea.

Just know that with a samsung you still have a good chance of getting banned when/if the next waves of banning comes.

Lecsiy

7. takeabow

takeabow Member

yeah
    so really it doesnt matter on the drive as to the banning thing. see i got my other 360 about half a year ago, and dont really want to commit to spendin all the cash to get another and get banned again shortly after.

hmm im maybe considering just gettin another to buy games that i think id play on xbox live and use the other for single player games.

hm decisions lol

Thanks for info