1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banning process new thought.....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by acidsmile, Jul 17, 2007.

1. acidsmile

acidsmile Guest

2 months on, still no ban. Yes to stealth, no idea which firmware version so dont ask..:)

Could it be as simple as M$ realising you are playing one regions games when your consoles xb live is set to another reigion. IE mine is set to UK/europe, but it may be as simple as playing US games on live to flag it up.

Any thoughts? Please excuse me if this has been posted before but havent been keeping up-to date with forum of late. Mikeismad -- your opinion?

2. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

could be, no idea though.

I have 3 sammy's modded for 1 year and still not banned, all games have been stealth

I have 2 Hitachi that were banned in the same day with everyone else's.

Dunno if it's firmware, stealth check for the Sammy's or roulette.

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k no offense thats kind of dumb!
    so many people do that to get early release of demo's that come in europe and stuff but they don't get banned! if that was true so much people with unmodded consoles would be banned!

4. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

No, because MS intented for some games to be region free. And region free/locked have nothing to do with firmware.

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

yeah the region free ones are just like that not hacked to be region free! you can't run different region locked games on your 360 just yet!

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Been playing a import copy (PAL) of Flatout : Ultimate Carnage online for about 2 weeks now and not banned. It's Region Free but the official site says that the PAL version won't work in a NTSC console...but it does.

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I have an hitachi first batch dvd drive (November 2005)
    flashed about 9 months, no ban

8. redrob2

redrob2 Member

I just started reading these forums since the bannings started and was curious how much improving upon current firmwares goes on when there aren't bannings going on. I know C4E is a legend in his own right and has been amazing at fixing the firmware, but do people still worry or think about the next banning and how/why it'll happen? Any ideas what MS is looking for next? Just curious if that goes on often or if its the "if its not broke don't try to fix it" mentality. Thanks!