1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic burning problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kamchatka, Sep 17, 2004.

1. kamchatka

kamchatka Member

Hi,

I have a simple, but incredibly frustrating problem.

I have created DVD disc content of my movie using Pinnacle Studio 9 and it is now ready to burn to DVD. When I am prompted to enter a DVD using Studio 9, I insert one, the disk drive closes, but nothing happens. The message on the screen remains, prompting me to enter a blank DVD.

I have tried burning using NeoDVD (which came with the DVD burner) instead, and on this programme when I put the disk in the drive it says "no blank disc found". I am using a DVD +RW disk and a Ricoh MP5125A +RW/+R drive.

Why is this happening? Am I doing anything wrong? Do I need to change a setting? This is my first DVD and I really can't understand why it isn't burning!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You may find that your burner cannot actually detect the disc because it may not be compatible with it.

Firmware updates can be applied to overcome this and are mainly to add increased burn times and more media compatitbility.

However a bad firmware flash could render your burner useless so be careful should you decide to do it, the firmware update will be found on the website of the manufacturer of your burner.

The cheapest test would be to obtain another RW (differrent brand) and see if it cures it, this will actually prove that the media at present is not compatible with your burner.....

3. kamchatka

kamchatka Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed the latest firmware but that hasn't helped at all.

I've also tried using another +RW DVD but that also doesn't work...

I have tried to see what the DVD drive can do generally, and even when I try and play an existing DVD movie it claims there is a blank disk or some other such error.

Any other tips??

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Will the discs you burned function correctly in another PC?

5. kamchatka

kamchatka Member

I wish I could get to that stage - I haven't burned a single DVD yet...