1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by weebarra, Feb 3, 2007.

1. weebarra

weebarra Guest

I am SURE this has been hashed, rehashed and fried hash before here, but as a first time user I could really uise some guidance........the sum total of my need is this...........I don't know how this works. I am trying to copy a movie....it took 7 minutes (it was already unencrypted) but now it looks like it might take 4 hours to ANALYZE? I KNOW I am doing something wrong, missing steps...just plainstupid, but when it gets cold in Scotland the old cells Hibernate.......anyone out there in the world give me a 1 step two step etc to burning with Nero from putting the original disc in? PLEASE.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  3. weebarra

weebarra Guest

Car.Mike. I thank you for your reply..and if I understood any of it I would thank you even mopre. I am a Sociologist........so Nassa and I don't get on.......I have Nero.......I have a disc in my machine.........its shrinking.............but God knows where its going.................A pictorial would be great.....cause I am lost here. But thank you very much for trying.

4. weebarra

weebarra Guest

Basically I have a copy of Apocolyptic.........its copying in Shrink.......its already unencrypted........but I do NOT know what to do with it when its finished...where will it go, where will Nero find it....given that its already copied why would Nero say it was too big............aieeeeeeeeeeeeee......I feel like Allen Ginsberg just touched me up.......lost in a fog of thechno..........just aint my thing I guess.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

I see that you are using Shrink first and Nero next.

1. Make a folder on your Desktop> call it Rip Movies

2. Insert Movie in either DVD burner or DVD-Rom and click cancel when it asks you what to use to open the movie

3. Open DVD Shrink> click Open Disc> Shrink does quick analysis

4. Movie Only Option

a. Go to Re-author and Click

b. Under Main movie slide the main movie to the left under DVD Structure

c. You can now remove the languages you do not want and the audio you do not want.

5. Go to Edit and click Preferences. Now you will see a Blue Box that says -" DVD-5(4.7 g.b.). Now Change that to Custom and to the right of that change the # to 4300. This will not now let you burn to the outer rim.

6. Look under File I/O and make sure" Enable Burning with Nero" does have a check mark in the box.

7. Click Select Backup Target > Make sure it is the burner

8. Select Target Image File> Browse>desktop> Rip Movie ( file you made)

9. click O.K

10. It will now do analysis and then encode the movie and automatically burn with Nero

6. weebarra

weebarra Guest

WOOOOOO man I got to tell you...had I been on Apollo 13 no one would have made The Super Bowl................all those things you just told me I shall hold in my heart....my memory aint to good and I am out of Ink.......BUT..a strange thing happened...for some reason (and I bet I couldn't do it again) when it finished it asked for a blank....its now burned 82%.............I think I have found a place I will like, with people I will like...........and I reach out my hand across the Ocean of water and Techo and say THANK YOU

7. weebarra

weebarra Guest

Car.Mike.........I don't know what I did.....but I now have a wonderful copy of the movie..its actually better than the one I put in shrink...is this possible.
    I am sure I will NEVER be able to do what I just did....for I did nothing...................something just took over....but again.Hands Across TRhe Ocean.........there is one wee Chappy sitting in Bonnie Scotland this nicht...........Cheers and Slange.