1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic making dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dbtilly, Jan 29, 2007.

1. dbtilly

dbtilly Member

I have a program that I can make movies. I have burned the finished product to a DVD but it won't play in any dvd player. What format do I need to save my movies to so they will play in a DVD player?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What format is it in now?

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

If its in avi format, you will need to convert the file to DVD format for it to play on your DVD player a program that can convert is either Winavi or Nero.

4. dbtilly

dbtilly Member

5. dbtilly

dbtilly Member

It is a .mov file. My program is Movie Shop and I can save it as a file of Mpeg and it will play on new DVDs but not ones that are a year older.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  7. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I would use a program called Winavi and convert it with that and then when converted to DVD Files then burn with Nero or CloneDVD 2.

8. dbtilly

dbtilly Member

I'll try the converting software. Now I have a question. I used a digital camera that uses DVD's to record. They are small so they only hold 30 minutes. How can I put all of them on one DVD. They don't just have 1 file but several folders and when I try to put them on the hard drive to burn to a DVD they want to overwrite each folder because they are all named the same thing.

9. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Well if its similar to the VCD movie i had to do and it had the video files named the same thing. I would copy each disc to your hard drive 1 by 1 and each time i copy it I would rename the files. e.g. movie1.avi, movie2.avi

Once all files are copied and renamed in order. Take all files through Winavi in order and it will convert it all so it can be one DVD.

10. dbtilly

dbtilly Member

Now as ya'll can probably tell I'm not very literate when it comes to recording or burning videos or audios. It is hard for me to understand technical terms but I think I have some of my questions answered about videos. Now I need to know how I can copy music from cassettes to my computer. What software do I need and is there any free software.

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Sounds like a media issue to me. The best is to use 1st class DVD+R media (YUDEN, VERBs or Hitachi Maxell "MIJ") and booktyped them into DVD-ROM and you'll be free of worries. However, make sure your DVD burner is capable of changing the "booktype" though.

Here are some wonderufl guides to use http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides.html