1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basketbrawl in Detroit

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by catfreak, Nov 21, 2004.

1. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... How crazy ... players going into the stands to riot with the fans ... Did you watch the news footage? ... Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal are very lucky that they didn't get tattooed with a shank or something ... I guess that this proves that money is no substitute for intelligence ...

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's why I like hockey :)

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... At least hockey players just fight with each other ...

... Basketbrawl update:
         Suspensions ...
         Ron Artest - remainder of season
         Jermaine O'Neal - 25 games
         Stephen Jackson - 30 games
         Anthony Johnson - 5 games
         Reggie Miller - 1 game

Ben Wallace - 6 games
         Elden Campbell - 1 game
         Chauncey Billips - 1 game
         Derrick Coleman - 1 game

... I live in Indiana and I'm a lifetime Detroit Pistons fan so I'm really laughing about the whole thing ... To be perfectly honest with you, I wish that I was one of the poor fans that got cold-cocked by that thug Ron Artest ... I really could use a boatload of cash ...

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I guess Ron Artest can now take the rest of the season off to work on his rap cd instead of a month off. what a spoiled bitch...i bet he still gets paid for the rest of the season to.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

OK...thank god he doesn't, he doesn't deserve any of it!!

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I'm not going to say he was right in what he did, but I can't say that I wouldn't do the same under the same circumstances.

I'm in no way defending him, but you have to look at all angles. He was already juiced up on adrenaline from his shoving match with Wallace. He's on the sideline "cooling off" and he gets hit with a cup of soda, beer, whatever it was. Wouldn't you get a little enraged.

The Pacers knew he had temper issues before they even signed him so I really feel no sympathy for them, but I hate to see them lose, being a Hoosier.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't think you would -zippyd-
    First of all you have 5million dollar a year contract to worry about, and second, its his job...a professional job I might add, not a game thats being played on the street.

You see, thats a BIG DIFFERENCE and I don't think you would act like that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  8. Nephilim

If they threw a soda on me I would've stood up, smiled then said to the fan "I can drive home in car that cost more than your house and wash off this soda in my million dollar house, how about you?" :D

9. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... That's easy for you to say, Nephilim ... It's apparent to me that you aren't some spoiled jackass like Ron Artest ... This is merely his 10th suspension in the last 2+ years ... (actually the last 173 games, 2 full years + 9 games this year) and it's his second this year in only 9 games ... This jerk really has some issues ...

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

why does the league even need this guy?? he's obviously not NBA material or even professional material, just get rid of his ghetto ass.

11. Nephilim

Wow! That guys's a real worthless prick. I don't follow basketball so I had no idea the guy was that bad. Another overpaid baby.

12. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I'm not a professional basketball fan, but I really enjoy the college version of the sport ... Since I live less than one hour from Indianapolis, I get bombarded with information about the Pacers, who happen to be the idiots that put up with this jerk, Ron Artest ... I suppose that as long as they help the team win some worthless games, the idiot citizens of this state would allow Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal to kill their children and have sex with their overweight wives ...

.. SIDENOTE .. As you can tell, I haven't enjoyed my stay in Indiana (the last 2½ years seem like a lifetime) and I really need to move back to California !!!! ..

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Phoenix, Arizona is the best place to be :)

14. Nephilim

Agreed! :)

15. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I spent about six weeks at Ft Huachucca(Sierra Vista),AZ. Beautiful area, mountains on all four sides.
    Another place I enjoyed was Monterey, CA. Another beautiful area.

Back on topic now: What do we all think now that the identity of the cup thrower has been uncovered?

16. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

Ron artest got exactly what he deserved by being suspended for the rest of the season. If someone were at work and punched people with millions of witnesses watching i am sure they would get more than a year off.
    I know he had to be pissed off though, I cant say that i would not have been myself.

geestar20 *** what exactly did you mean by saying his ghetto a#%?????

17. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Exactly what i meant "ghetto ass"
    He still thinks he should act ghetto to just to make sales for his dumb ass cd

Most people coming out of the hood and going to high society respects the way the game is shown (you'll understand me if you came from the hood) and this ass still has no respect for the riches he has. And I say leave this phuqer in the dust!

18. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You know what...phuqit...whether your rich, poor, middle class whatever...5 million dollars a year is enough for me to STFU and sue the ass that through a beer at me for more money.

For 5 milloin dollars a year you can throw shit at me all you want, you will never make more money than me doing what I do. Thats the way I look at it.

I can on for days about this but I'll end it like this...they are too young and too over paid for todays entertainment!

19. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

Man please!!! I know what you meant but my point is that if you think that ron artest being ghetto and acted that way he did just to sell some cd's had anything to do with his action, playa, you got life ****ed up

20. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

NO! he has life phuqed up and twisted. what this ass needs to do is get his priorities straight.

What pays more? a rap cd or the NBA with endorsments?

If he makes 5 million + a year and endorsments..thats like 20 million a year.

Now you tell me...are you going to act that way if someone throws somthing at you?

This cat needs to quite acting like a bitch and just STFU and get paid for what he loves to do.