1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batch Authoring

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ksuta, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ksuta

ksuta Member

Is there any programs that can make my xvid and divx files into dvd in batch. I have nero and winavi but with winavi i use the batch conversion tool to make the dvd files ( vob) and then burn but the vob files aren't proper so they don't burn with nero. Basically if there are any good programs that can convert my xvid and divx files to vob or iso which then i can burn a dvd from later.

Example: At night set 3 movies to convert. Wake up 3 .iso files or 3 folders with vob files ready to burn to discs with nero.

2. attar

attar Senior member

You can use a batch file in conjunction with Convertx2DVD to create multiple folders.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vso_convertxtodvd_guide.cfm

A Convertx project consists of adding a video file to the project and saving the project file.
    The first project file in this case is \DVD 1.xToDVD, you can name it anything you please.
    There is no converting done until the batch file is run.
    Convertx is configured for your preferred settings, but dvd burning must be turned off.

The example below shows two files to be processed named dvd1 and dvd2

REM batch file uses convertx project scripts
    REM path to convertx and path to where the project script is stored (just happens to be a different drive in my case)
    REM the output files from convertx are stored in the default folder which you set up when configuring convertx
    REM remember to uncheck 'burn results to dvd ' in settings
    "C:\program files\vso\ConvertXtoDVD\ConvertXtoDvd.exe" "D:\cxProjects\DVD 1.xToDVD" /auto=true /close

"C:\program files\VSO\ConvertXtoDVD\ConvertXtoDvd.exe" "D:\cxProjects\DVD 2.xToDVD" /auto=true /close

3. attar

attar Senior member