1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

batch editing videos help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by sume5h, Jul 24, 2011.

1. sume5h

sume5h Member

i have more than 100 videos to edit, how can i batch remove 10 sec from the beginning & 10 sec from the end from all these videos

2. attar

attar Senior member

For AVI files, if the source files are identical length and codec, it should be possible with VirtualDub.

3. sume5h

sume5h Member

no source file length/duration is different, i tried many programs all of them works with same length videos

4. attar

attar Senior member

Here's the notes I made when doing this with a bunch of AVI files.
    It assumes that AviSynth and the XviD codec are installed.

All the source files are in one folder and an empty target folder is created for the output.

A vcf file is created in VirtualDub to ensure that the output files are encoded using XviD.

The avisource.avs file reverses the video (back is now front) and clips 10 seconds (based on 25fps) off.
    The video is reversed again and 10 seconds removed from the front.
    Scriptwriter uses the avisource.avs file to create a new .avs file for each video in the source folder.
    When finished, the new .jobs file is used by VirtualDub to process the files to the target folder.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. sume5h

sume5h Member

thank you for the reply, sorry for replying so late, i will try this method, i hope i can make this work, thank you again :)