1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery life question

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Sage11, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Sage11

Sage11 Member

Hey,

I just got my slim PSP a few days ago and have been playing GTA: LCS on it. It was a bit laggy so I set the CPU speed to 333, which seemed to suck the battery power down more than playing on default, is this normal? I assume it is as it's working harder, so more power will be used.

My question is though, I've played about 2 hours so far total and the battery is at about a 35% charge now. What I'm looking for is a battery that will give me more hours of play instead of the three I think I'll get out of the one I currently have. The one I'm using now is just the one that came with the PSP, it's a 1200 mAh I believe. Can anyone suggest a battery that I could pick up to give me more playing time? I was thinking about going to wal-mart and getting a 2200 mAh battery. Would this work well, or is there a better one that would give me longer playing time?

Thanks for any replies.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

It will work but Sony hasn't released a cover that fits the back of a regular battery for the PSP Slim. You can try and use tape or something else to hold the battery in there though.

3. Sage11

Sage11 Member

Is there a comparable battery to the 2200 mAh one that will fit into the slim well? Or would that just be some third party one which would be risking it?

Thanks.