1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

battle of the editors

Discussion in 'Audio' started by browndog, Mar 3, 2003.

1. browndog

browndog Guest

All apologies for posting what is surely another newbie annoyance post.

I recently was given a TDK velo CD 48x16x48. I thought it was good, but while reading over forums in here, i saw negative reviews on Tdk products, so who knows.(it was in reference to cd's and not drivers.)

It came with Nero Express and Tdk Digital Mixmaster software. I installed both. I also have WinAmp, and a trial version of Mystic Media's Audio Edit Deluxe.
    Which of these, if any, should I use to to enhance some of my mp3's I downloaded?

And once downloaded, what is the recommended software to burn them to c.d. ( I just read cdrw administrator post saying definitely not nero.)

The MP3's are Kazaa and mp3.com specials and sound pretty bad on my 98 Aptiva, in part b/c I know nothing about sound cards, and in part b/c they are 128kbs. I know there's no magic genie, but I'm thinking there's got to be a tweak or trick that is good OVERALL for helping the majority of poor sounding mp-3's. Or is that wishful thinking? (The poor quality is usually washed out vocals and/or a "blurred" sound where everything kinda runs together.)

I couldn't figure out tdk digital mixmaster, so I used nero to burn my first ever c.d. It sounded better than on my computer, but still not as good as I would have liked. THe only modification I did was to "normalize" the sound volume for the tracks.

Sorry for the long post. I'm trying to burn a cd for my wife and surprise her, so you're helping her, not me ;) Thanks.

p.s. is there a better place to get free mp3's of higher quality? Even some of the 178kpbs songs from Kazaa don't sound great. Also, when burning songs from a site; can anybody tell me why my maximum download speed is only around 3-4 kpbs and many times far slower? My dial up speed is 56k.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2003
  2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

the best audio burning software can be found at www.feurio.com ...how to use it guide can be found at http://entiendo.gotnet.net (look under audio section)

3. browndog

browndog Guest

Okay, thank you. I'm going there now. Since you didn't specify, I assume that it covers all bases (editing and burning.)

4. browndog

browndog Guest

David,

Thanks for the feurio guide. I'm confused as to why it's better than nero, as it seems to do fairly similair tasks. Does it do a better job, do it easier (from the looks of it I'm guessing it does), or both?

5. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

there are a couple of things that makes feurio stand out. 1st and foremost is that if you have 'decode on the fly' for mp3 files it will do a great job of testin. if you ever downloaded a mp3 song, go and burn it only to find out that it skips,pops, or squeals...well this program will tell you that this will happen. the project window will store all you projects in that one window so you can tell what songs you burn't with what cd. As for quality of sound, nero and feurio are =. Also if you have nero, the jewel case creator will work in conjunction with feurio.