1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 1942 installation problem Yet Again...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MRH, Aug 6, 2003.

1. MRH

MRH Member

I am truly sorry for asking this, but i have been spending several hours on this forum reviewing this installation issue and i find that each one varies and each one has a different solution, so here goes:

I have burned this battlefield 1942 disc 1 file that i got off kazaa several times, with several different programs and each time the installation stops at 34% at a file called intro.bik, and each time it comes up with a component cannot be found blah blah error, is there a way i can convince the installation that this file isn't necessary for i suspect that the way the iso was made caused the movies and other files to become corrupt? I have a HP CDWRITER+ 8100 series.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2003
  2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

What burning programs have you tried? Are you burning [bold] slow (8x)? [/bold]. You realize you need the aid of emulation to play your backups (hide cd-r\ignore media type) because your HP 8100+ is a "1 sheep burner".

Shoey :)

3. MRH

MRH Member

I have tried both Alcohol 1.4.6 Build 711 and Nero 5.5.10.28. Yes i have tried emulation however due to the fact that i don't know how it works i might not be correctly using it. I am burning at 4x for that is the max speed of burner

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

[bold] Don't use Nero to backup Safedisc cd protection m8.[/bold] Open Alcohol 120% and go to general>options>emulation>and enable all (for now). Insert your backup in your [bold] burner [/bold] and minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) and the backup "should" play. Many new games are on the "blacklist" so if your backup won't play, then download Daemon Tools and give that program a go.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2003
  5. MRH

MRH Member

Am i goin wrong on the burning or the installing, what i mean by that is, am i just burning coasters or is this an emulation problem.

I tried both Deamon tools and Alcohol 120%, i must be doin something wrong!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2003
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

More than likely, yes! You can try Blindwrite Suite.... Try Daemon Tools?

Blindwrite Suite:http://www.vso-software.fr/index.htm

If you're serious about backing up pc game protection then consider 1 of the following brand name cd burners.

1) LiteOn 40/48/52x
    2) Asus 40/48/52x
    3) Memorex MAXX 40/48/52x
    4) Polaroid Burn MAX 40/48/52x
    5) LG (Lucky Goldstar) 32x& up
    6) BTC 40/48/52x
    7) Sony 48/52x

7. MRH

MRH Member

I have tried Daemon tools, Alcohol 120%, and Blindwrite, i have tried emulation, burning, mounting virtually and everything in between why is it that i keep getting stuck on 34% with that stupid intro.bik?

Is there a way i can get the installer to skip that file, i really don't care if i have the intro?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2003
  8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Okie.... intro.bik is just the opening movie, which, although is really good, isnt crucial to playing the game. SO why dont you just hack-together the CD image by using another BIK file? (i.e., duplicating another BIK file and renaming it intro.bik). ANother technique would be to just to convert any old AVI file into BIK format and then renaming it to intro.bik and replacing the hacked-together one with the orignal one

9. MRH

MRH Member

Excellent Idea Praetor, except one thing, how do you do that exactly, i have a rough idea but i want to be for sure, any help would be appreciated

10. Praetor

Simplest technique:
    1. Open up the image file using CDMage, WinISO, ISOBuster, UltraISO, WinRAR, whatever
    2. Find yourself a BIK file that works
    3. Extract it and rename it to intro.bik
    4. If the program has the ability to allow you to replace the files then go ahead and replace the intro.bik file and proceed to step 6.
    5. If you cant replace the file, extract all the contents of the image somewhere and then overwrite the intro.bik file and then recreate the cd image
    6. Burn away!

11. MRH

MRH Member

I tried what you suggested and when it hit 34% (intro.bik still!) it hung for a minute then gave me the same error as usual, does that mean i made progress?

12. Praetor

I guess i should have suggested this earlier.... have you run an integrity check on the image?

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

This method won't work m8 as the Safedisc cd protection lies within 1-10,500 sectors of the cd (image). The "easy" way to get around this (although) I don't endorse is to go to Game Copy World and grab a "no cd patch". Use CDMage or IsoBuster and exract the entire contents of the protected cd then replace the game exe and maybe 1 other with the "no cd patch then use your favorite burning program and off ye go.

14. Praetor

Ya but Shoey, he cant install the game so a noCD would be kinda pointless right?

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Er, [bold] NO.. [/bold]

Use CDMage or IsoBuster and extract the image(s) to a new folder. Download a "no cd patch" and tuck inside the folder. Use your favorite burning program and burn as data. Safedisc cd protection lies within the game exe. and install exe. People do this all the time as the last result to get a "cracked" working backup. At GameCopyWorld, you "may" need additional files..... Read the nfo (read me) files carefully.

nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2003
  16. MRH

MRH Member

Ok I can find the cracked exe but what about the original install.exe do i leave that?

17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Leave the [bold] original exe as is m8 as you'll need the original exe to install the game[/bold]. make a new folder (inside a new folder) and name it "crack.exe" and tuck the "patche(s)" you downloaded in the new folder. Burn as data\install then copy and paste the patches to the directory to where you installed the pc game.

nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2003