1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 1942 - Specified component cannot be found in the media - error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Redaaron, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Redaaron

Redaaron Member

I bought a legit copy of BF 1942 from BB. During installation, at 67% complete (CD2), a message appears, "Exit Setup - Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to access a component that does not exist in the named media."

I contacted EA Games and tried all of their suggestions. Ten plus failed installs later, still no go.

I'm using a new P4 computer with XP Home Ed.

Has anyone encountered this error message with original Battlefield 1942 software, and what did you do to correct the problem?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

In short this means something is seriously wrong with your legit copy of BF 1942. Return the darn thing to the store you bought it from.

Shoey :)

3. Redaaron

Redaaron Member

Thanks Shoey. I have heard that Best Buy's return policy is not customer-friendly, especially with software returns.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i had this sort of error on a dvd based pc game when trying to play it!

i think it was metal gear solid? it was some sort of graphic card issue! never did play the game!

Thx...

you could try this? aslong as the copy protection is not on that disc! copy all files/folders to hard drive and run from there! if all files copy acroos then there shouldnt be any bad media !!!!!!!!

thx...