1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 2....im about to throw it across the room. genuine version.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by billybob, Apr 25, 2007.

1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Firstly, let me just say, ahhhhhhhh!!!

I got battlefield 2 the other day, genuine version, genuine serial code. Everything genuine.

I tried to install it on my laptop, but what happened was after installation, i would try and open the game and the screen just flickered black, then nothing happened. Whenever i do it, the screen flickers black and thats that.

So i assumed it was the graphics card was poo, and so i tried it on my PC downstairs. This PC has a better graphics card im sure, and the exact same thing just happens.

Before i throw it across the room, please tell me what the hell is up. Im not even sure how to check the graphics card on this downstairs PC im on...

Im seriously annoyed, please help :|

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

It's probably your comp. can you post the specs?

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

The laptop im currently on (the first attempt) has a 1.8ghz centrino processor. 512mb of RAM, and a 40gb harddrive.

Im not sure about the graphics card....it says it was an Intel something...
    Aha, its a : Intel(R) 915gm/gms 910 gml express chipset. 128mb.

And the other PC downstairs, a 2.8ghz pentium 4, 160gb harddrive, 1gb of RAM, and a better graphics card i think.

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Here is a link to BF2 system requirements:

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/features.jsp

Found near the bottom of the page. The requirements of most games are such that IF you don't meet ALL of them, you will have problems. Pay special attention to the video card section. IF you card is NOT on the Support list (by specific name/model) you will have problems like you are describing. The card you mention is NOT an nVidia or an ATI card.

Laptop computers are Legendary for having oddball (read NON-supported) video cards. Can you work around this issue? Maybe, maybe not. Contact Game manufacturer for support. They may or may not respond. But, they did make the game. They know the answer, if they will respond. Good luck.

5. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thanks. I give up.

Its just my freinds spoilt, got a brand new laptop. Plays it fine. Mine doesnt work. Grrrr.

6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

7. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

No, your computer definetly isnt supported...

Ive got a

intel P4 at 3.2 ghz
    3gb of ram
    Nvidia 6800gs 512mb video card

and some other stuff that doesnt really matter, and I can only run it on medium, but i get around 38 fps. So lookiig at ur system, you definetly wont support it.

Can you find what graphics card your desktop has? This will really help.

8. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

its your graphics card, onboards are absouletly useless when it comes to games. whats your desktop's gpu?