1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 2 Working on MacOS X 10.5.2

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by iSquithy, May 27, 2008.

1. killerhod

killerhod Member

Any idea on that? I could not get my SF work on EA servers, because of the CD key. TH BF" SF runs as single-player, the problem is the registration...

Since july my experience is great with the game, I had no problem with BF2. I only had to change my Mighty Mouse to my Logitech G7 what I used with my XPC before... the mighty Mouse is definitely not for gaming.

2. KeyKeeper

KeyKeeper Member

Ok, this might be a dumb question but will this work with ranked online servers that run punkbuster? Ive dL/copied from win dir/modded the .reg file/copied .tmp files from disc/and run the game. Game loads, can browse servers, but when I connect to one punkbuster boots me a few seconds saying "dissalowed OS/Driver"

Also get "Unknown Windows API Function [131124]

Im assuming this is the same issue with running it in wine in linux, cant mimic the windows api callbacks exactly and pb catches it as a hack.

3. KeyKeeper

KeyKeeper Member

Bump...

4. killerhod

killerhod Member

The "unknow API" thing happanes with me , too. Just restart the game, and hope it will work:)
    In my experience this error comes 1 times out of 5 games... Thats probably the Cider/Wine problem.

5. KeyKeeper

KeyKeeper Member

I cant join a singler server as punkbuster kicks me from all. Either the dissalowed driver or the unknown api...oh well at least I have vista installed in bootcamp and can play it that way.