1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield problem...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by KenkaiRyu, Sep 2, 2004.

1. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

This might not be a CD-R problem but this problem really is annoying. I will be in the game playing and I get kicked out to the desktop. I don't know what causes the problem and I searched all over the net and nothing helps.

My system is:
    ASUS K8V Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ at 2.20 GHZ
    1.25 GB of PC-2700 RAM
    ATI Radeon 8500
    Audigy Gamer Sound Card

I cannot figure why it crahses to the desktop, but it happens after I am playing between 15-25 minutes.

PLASE HELP!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Sure sounds like a heat problem. Do you have adequate cooling? Fans and intakes clean?

Try installing Motherboard Monitor and check your temps when it crashes to the desktop again.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  3. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

All my fans are clean...my motherboard fan adn such I have been having problems with one of my fans but I only have a Processor and window fan...I had a smaller fan in the back of the computer but Its not there, and this only happens with battlefield no other games are giving me this problem.

4. murcury

murcury Member

How bout checking some of your settings in the video section...maybe changing it to 800x600 res instead of 1024x768

This might help...resolution does have an effect on your gameplay especially if your motherboard is having problems and if you have a crappy video card..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  5. Nephilim

Is it Battlefield VietNam? The newer games put a lot of stress on your system and the GPU in particular. You may be pushing your 8500 a little too hard especially if you have poor airflow.

Lowering your resolution may help with that particular game but it won't make up for poor circulation. I'd suggest replacing the bum fan and adding more where you have space. The more air circulating through your case the better as it helps keep all your components running cooler.

Did you even try Motherboard Monitor? It'll tell you exactly where your temps stand.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

6. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

I have this thing on the front of my case that says a the temp and time...but it always has a ridiculous temp like 100 degrees celcius right now...or 212.6 degrees fahrenheit if you don't know celcius, I have no idea where it takes the temp from. Where can I geta Motherboard Monitor.
    And the broken fan only kind of makes a slight noise like its rubbing up against something, but it is not rubbing against anything I think something is wrong with it, I also had a fan int he back of the comp but it broke adn the guys at my computer store did not replace it when they installed my motherboard.

7. Nephilim

8. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

My CPU temp is anywhere between 95-120 and my case is between 95-110. I dled the monitor! So how does that sound?

9. Nephilim

If these temps are in ºF or ºC? And are they at idle or under full load?

10. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

These are between Full Load and Idle and are in fahrenheit.

11. Nephilim

Your temps are pretty decent. So those max temps include those you get right after a crash?

12. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

I lowered my video settings to medium in battelfield and I do not get crashes anymore, I just have to wait for my 9600 xt to come in the mail (it broke) and I can go back to high settings.
    But thanks guys if I have any other problems I will post here again!

Thanks again.