1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

baught my daughter a psp no sound

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by jclape, Sep 20, 2007.

1. jclape

jclape Regular member

i baught this used knowing the soud didnt work but now iam trying to fix any suggestions the psp is in extremely good condition and seems like it was used very rarely there is no sound from the speakers or headphone jack either i was hoping that i wouldnt hve to take it apart and change out the sound board

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

take it apart and see if the connection is loose.

3. jclape

jclape Regular member

I ACTUALLY HAVE A NOTHER ONE APART NOW WAITING FOR PARTS I WILL TEST OU WERE THIS BOARD IS BEFORE GETING INTO THIS ONE ALSO IF I TAKE IT APART IS ANYTHING GOING TO HAPEN TO THE F WARE I ALREADY UPDATED IN THIS ONE? sorry about the caps didnt realize

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

by opening it no, unless u some how manage to mess up the wiring and short the mobo (impossible if u don't have power to it) and not to be rude, but ur sure it's not muted right?

5. jclape

jclape Regular member

no iam sure it is not muted not that that didnt cross my mind when i baught it though but i did check.

6. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

okay, just making sure cuz i know i've come across people like that before that just some how didn't quite figure minor things like that and so sold stuff as broken or threw it away, mind you then it's a great bargin :)

have u taken a PSP apart before? because there is a thread somewhere here that is a tutorial on how to do it.

7. jclape

jclape Regular member

iam in the process of replacing a power switch on a broken one i purchased on ebay just waiting for the part now the web site is llamma.com they show you how to take it apart also how to mod led and custom stuff like that check it ou if you get a chance there is some crazy stuff on ther that people have done to there psp and xbox 360

8. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

yeah, they did the first x360 mod and sold it on ebay for over 2 grand or so, i've seen the stuff from them before, good place.

9. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Open up the battery comartment and remove it, then check to see if the warreny sticker has been removed. If it has, chances are the PSP has been opened already. The PSP is designed in a way that has to be absolutely perfect, otherwise things will stop working properly. The things in question are the screws and how tight they are, if the PSPs screws are too loose, things wont work proerly. If the screw next to the analog stick for example isn't tightened properly, the analog stick wont work properly, etc. So check to see if the PSP has been previously opened and if it has, this might be a possible cause of the problem. If not then it's out of my hands and is most likely a problem with the sound board.

10. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

I'm having trouble understanding what your saying. There are some major spelling errors. well anyways...It probably already has a voided sticker when you check it out.

11. jclape

jclape Regular member

nope the sticker is completely fine never been screwed with

12. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

well, then you got lucky lol. :)