1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bbmayo............. Back!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bbmayo, Apr 24, 2005.

1. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hey mayo, as you can see, those of us who value your inputs outnumber and outclass those who don't. so please just stay.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

to bbmayo. you are going to leave because of a bunch of idiots? and gives them the satisfacion; come on bro.

3. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

i've even considered dropped ad because people would rather be on top than help a person in need and it just drove me crazy. you should take a break and then have a come back with fireworks and steven speilberg or something :p

4. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

this is a real shame. BBmayo's homepage was the 1st thing i bookmarked when i 1st joined aD, i always refer back to it when i get stuck with any DVD ripping.

A sad loss to us all if he dont come back..

you will be missed, mr Mayo, thankyou.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've only been here 6mths and it's a shame i don't see some of the same (long-termers) names very often (that i saw posting here a lot when i joined up i mean). But i'm always pleased when i come across posts from bbmayo or any of the other long-termers as there's always plenty of very good advice and experience in them. I did debate something once (can't remember what it was) with bbmayo and i regretted it at the time (no malice involved i just saw things differently in whatever the subject was. If i recall i was incorrect in whatever i'd said anyway).

Anyway i do see how guys like bbmayo get p*ssed off with being got at so often, there's far too much bickering goes on. I'm not gonna compare myself with bbmayo or any other long-termer for a minute, but i do hang out here a lot, post a lot, and the other day i was being heckled in a thread. I stood my ground and the person in question was on his 2nd warning, however i thought what's the point, all you do is try to help ppl and some snot-nosed know-it-all takes you on when there's either no reason or they're just an idiot.

Over-explained as ever probably, but to bbmayo and the other long-termers (and new-termers that post here helpfully and incessantly) - keep up the good work and thanks for the tons of old posts that ppl like me read often when we get stuck

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  6. matt72

matt72 Regular member

I would hope that as one of the relatively newer folks that are on AD I never offended someone to the point of wanting to leave. Granted sometimes I try to help, ask pertinent questions and get as much info so the more experienced members can come along sort the issue and help. Something everyone should look at is the 'veteran' members take alot of their personal time to get you up and running and even if you post thank you that means their time here is not in vain. Secretly ~:) I have been referring to bbmayo's guides and with some success have a better understanding of properly using software to backup. There also have been 2 members who have helped me with media issue and now I use ty (had a bad run-in with verbs). The mods, admins, senior members or any of us don't get paid for this. Even if I am over stepping my boundaries I will take a stand and say thank you not only for allowing me to join this site but also for helping me get past the horrible memory of dvd xcopy platinum withdrawal. I thought I knew it all when it came to backing up but once they went belly up AD put me on the right track to successful backups. One day I hope to be able to be technically as proficient with backup software and media as each of you are. On a closing note remember there is no I (eye) in TEAM.

Thanks for the guides bbmayo I even saved them to my desktop ~:))

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes bbmayo we hate to see you leave , your guides are the best and you have helped countless people out and you will be VERY missed. but i understand if things in here are getting to you its just not worth it, maybe you will reconsider in a month or so and come back or maybe not and move on to something more postive for yourself, which would def. be best if you feel that way. DO WHATS RIGHT FOR YOU and maybe this site can learn something from this and make some changes that will help good people like you from leaving again. but sometimes thats what it takes for someone to say the heck with it and leave for things to improve. lets hope we can all learn from this and things maybe will be better down the road. GOOD LUCK and god bless you bbmayo

8. zippyd

zippyd Active member

[bold]NEWSFLASH[/bold]
    Ummm.... he's been gone for almost 2 months now. No need to ask him to stay anymore.

But I think there's really no worries, as I have a hunch he's hanging around under a different user name.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you guys like to flog a dead horse or is this another way to get your post count up.

BBMAYO has his reasons and when his ready he'll re surface, enough said already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2nd that!!!! he'll surface when he is ready & not before or not at all!!

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK so I have peeked in a time or two just to see how my old pals are doing but I havent posted anything since 25 April nor have I used any other user name as this is not my style. It seems to me you are are doing just fine and I did decide to leave my website up as most of you already figured out seeing how I got 14,000 hits this month already alone so I am glad it is of use still :)... If you all want to see what I am involved in lately you can head on over to http://hirescovers.com and check me out I will be glad to talk to all of you there. Again thanks for all of your support and I really do wish you all the best!! :)

Cheers :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  12. ddp

hello bbmayo, hope you are having fun. talk to you later

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

DAM I LOST THAT BET, thought for sure he was using another alias.

Hey ****** you going to visit to collect

14. ddp

keep loosing bets & you'll go broke!!

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you mean like that cow who's trying to con us about being sued by the RIAA

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005
  16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

lol well said.

17. zippyd

zippyd Active member

@bbmayo
    My hunch was actually partially based on the fact that your site was still up. I also thought there was a post or two that looked similar to your style by some new members, so I thought maybe you had a new user ID. Guess I was wrong as usual.....lol
    Glad to see that you're doing well. Hopefully you'll decide to rejoin us when the time is right.
    By the way Brent....azmunch says "HI" ;p ...LOL

18. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hahaha: tsk tsk tsk

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i knew bbmayo's site was still up cus i've passed on the DMA link to like 500 noob's this week alone!!

knew it wouldn't be long before he chipped in again :)

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

gee you must have tierd fingers from all that thinking........sorry typing... lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005