1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD Backup...way confused...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by lobstah24, Aug 24, 2010.

1. lobstah24

lobstah24 Member

I've finally purchased a BD writer for my PC and am starting to dabble in backing up my collection. I have no problem backing up 25Gb disks...I just do a straight copy basically. Using ANYDVD HD (to create an ISO) and Roxio (to burn the ISO). My problem is for the original BD that are 50Gb. 50 Gb blanks are still too expensive for me. And I would like to just suck off the movies from the 50Gb BD and put them on my 25 GB blanks...

What is the easiest way to do this? Im only looking to backup the main movie and the audio that goes with it. And have the BEST possible quality result when im done. I dont think I need much to do this as my source files are coming from BDs to begin with. I've read a little about the process but got way confused...I'm hoping someone here can really simplify the process for my application.

Thanks in advance to all that offer advice/help.

EDIT: BD Rebuilder...maybe?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

I don't know what you read, or where your confused at. So, let's start here. Go to the bluray backup thread. On the 1st page is a download list of warez and a guide. Read thru the guide then ask questions as they come up. I like using megui to shrink my video. I like it cause I can shrink to the size I need instead of a program with auto settings. Yes on 1st try for some people megui can be alittle confusing, but don't worry we can talk you thru it.

3. lobstah24

lobstah24 Member

BD Rebuilder was the way to go. Simple and great quality back ups. I'm using Memorex BD-Rs...haven't coastered one yet.

4. ammauric

ammauric Member

5. mcgjim

mcgjim Member

Agree here too, I use DVDfab7 to rip Blu-ray to Blu-ray full disc, quality at BD50, then BD-RB to rebuild to BD25. Using Imgburn the copies are flawless and not had a coaster yet with Traxdata Blu-ray 4x discs.

6. Arthu22

Arthu22 Guest

i got confused too

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
  7. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Where are you confused At. Can't help w/ out knowing the problem.

8. lobstah24

lobstah24 Member

Figured it out...thanks though.