1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bdlot-dvd-iso master

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by ilikefree, Dec 27, 2014.

1. ilikefree

ilikefree Member

I installed the above program and found it had made a programs folder inside my start menu all programs shortcuts folder.
    When I delete this new folder I find it is not a shortcut and it deletes my programs.
    Is anyone aware of a way I can install this without it making this folder as I would really like to try this program but don't like programs that mess with my computer in this way
    Thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

1-No it didn't it was already there,your in the wrong place & should NOT be allowed near computers.
    2-watch install window when installing software it shows where it will go Into .. C\Program Files\ (If you want you can chage install to D or wherever) & then shortcuts get place in programs folder,you will see a list of sub folders (i've made a few below mine are custom others are not) if you have it structured it would go into sub folder record or whatever named folder you like,to create these sub folders clik on start button then right clik on all programs wording & open all users (all users = folders)

Accessories
    Admin
    Graphics
    Network & so on & so forth
    Startup
    Record

You can drop n drag from the all programs menu if required
    1-left clik on start
    2-move to all programs wait for it to highlight & show menu list
    3-navigate to any folder,sub folder or icon & left clik & hold that left clik,it now can be moved to another folder
    4-move it to wherever (you will see a black line,it shows you where it's placed when hovering)then hover with it while it is still left clicked & wait for new location to expand,then when its in a clear area defined by that black line release the left mouse button

Its better to change location on install as the start menu shortcuts won't get deleted if you moved them somewhere else after install as obviously they are no longer in their original location,it means manual delete instead

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  3. ilikefree

ilikefree Member

Yes it said it would go into C\Program Files that is where I wanted it to go, and it did go there
    BUT it also created a PROGRAMS folder in my start menu all programs list which is a shortcut list
    This PROGRAMS folder had ALL my programs in not just the program I was installing

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

the install places a folder inside programs ,it doesn't create it as it is part of windows,you only see PROGRAMS if you manually open "all programs" by right clicking on it or use a file search software that shows normally hidden system folders,so you now need to open PROGRAMS & delete shortcut folder of the new software from inside it,however its where its supposed to be

5. ilikefree

ilikefree Member

I have already reinstalled with no problems
    Problem came from installing when I had other windows open and it went into the open folder

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You gotta be careful when opening & navigating the root of C & never delete anything in there unless you have a backup image.Which i think you should now look at ; easeus todo backup is free there are others as well that are free.Its better than system restore,it creates an exact copy of your current OS & software etc

edit:if you browse the i got a virus section HELP ,you'll see 2oldgeek telling most to create images of C as it saves a ton of time

7. ilikefree

ilikefree Member

I create an image monthly with Macrium Reflect Free
    I have installed over 80 programs before and only once had the problem with a programs folder showing up in the start menu shortcuts
    All good now closed all running programs and folders and the install went as it should
    Problem is solved, operator error.
    Saying I should not be allowed around computers is dumb, how did you learn to use one
    Doing is how some of us older people learn
    You would have made some mistakes when learning, don't be so hard on people looking for help

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

lol i just couldn't help myself,its like red flag to a bull regarding "shouldn't be near" comment the non use of p smiley was on purpose

9. ilikefree

ilikefree Member

Thanks for your help, it did make me look closer at what I was doing.

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

always do a R.T.F.M.D. 1st so you don't do an O.F.U. if in doubt, ask 1st so you don't do an O.F.U.

11. ilikefree

ilikefree Member