1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDMV to mkv untouched 1080p

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by kapo13, Oct 14, 2011.

1. kapo13

kapo13 Regular member

i want to convert my BDMV folder on my hdd to .mkv , with no dregade/change in quality

i tried handbrake , seemed quite friendly to use , but still left me with

a few concerns/questions

My original BDMV folder was just over 15 Gigs in size , when converting to .mkv

i was sure to check large file size ,as i presumed this would give me the highest

quality .

What i got was a file just over 1 gig in size . im not complaining or being rude ,

but thats one miracle in compression . i must have had some settings set wrong ?

i missed something , tho ive been at this and reading on my own for some length

before requesting help here .

The point for me isnt reduced file size , its that my tv wont plat BDMV from my HDD,

but it will play .mkv . id be pleased to keep original BDMV size , or a slight reduction

to assure top quality .

Is there a way to set handbrake ( or another good program) to convert my BDMV to .mkv

untouched ?

While im at it , ill ask about some other things im not sure on .

1. Is there a special method i need to use if my BDMV is 3d ?

2. Also , many of my needs are met with just the main movie , but some i desire

the special features from . i find the bdmv file structure confusing , esp. in this

special case . Is there a method to nab the extras as well ? im assuming they may be a seperate

grab , or wouldnt i just get the entire movie , and the extras in one unseperated file ?

Thanks for all help

2. stdlbw18

stdlbw18 Member

BDMV\STREAMS\xxxxx.m2ts is the files you are looking for. You can use eac3to remux to MKV. Can't remember if it will do the audio also or not.

Might just be better off ripping the streams with tsMuxer and then remuxing the ones you want ie. video and english audio with MKVtoolsNIX

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/downloads.html

Do a google search for tsMuxer

3. phillip_perry

phillip_perry Member

Firstly, if you mainly focus on viewing your blu-rays on TV, you can just rip and then convert them to .mkv format with lossless quality. The problem lies in the ripper you choose. Then if you want to keep the special extras, I'm afraid the video you get is a .m2ts file. Can your tv play this format? I'm using brorsoft blu-ray ripper for several months, upgrading from its dvd ripper. It is the best one among other rippers I've tried. You can get the best quality and spend least time. And it can back up your blurays as original. As I said, it is a .m2ts file. You can try the demo version and see whether you need it.

4. brandelon

brandelon Newbie

It is an quite old question. I do not know if the author has solved his/her question. I have been studying videos for years but just involved in BDMV files recently and hope I can still help people who read this. I will answer the question one by one.

1. About the 15G files becoming 1G after conversion, there are two possibilities. One is the files you get just part of the original files. The other is your files losing a lot of quality.

2. Handbrake is a very good tool handling video converting issues. It is not hard to adjust some parameters if you want.

3. As your original files are in 3D, you need to use a tool that can deal with 3D. If you use one software which cannot support 3D, it may appear all kinds of problems.

4. As for the extra parts, this is still the problems caused by the software you are using. You should have gotten the whole parts of your files. One good software should also help you merge the files into one so that you can enjoy the whole parts.

5.If you are still in trouble with your files, you may try this cicever bdmv to mkv converter. I have researched a lot files and find this one is quite nice to use. It is free trial with a lot of functions and you can use it to see if it can meet your demands. If not, just ignore it and try others. Hope this can really help someone puzzled by BDMV issues.