1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be Careful of gocybershop

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mimi1121, May 16, 2003.

1. mimi1121

mimi1121 Member

I live in Taiwan. I and my friend bought masks from www.gocybershopsafety.com last week. They cashed the money already, but no one answer my call for three days.
    I post this message just want to notice everyone that thinking about my experience before you make order. The sell safety products, electronics and cigars.
    My friend called the company last week. They said they masks in stock. We made the orders.(I hope you guys knew about SARS) May 12, I called to confirm the order. The answer was" In stock. Will ship out by Tuesday"
    May 13, I called for tracking number. The answer was" In stock. Will ship out tomorrow"
    May 14, the answer was still same. I was so mad. I asked to go to their store to pick up by myself, because my sister-in-law lives in Toronto. The answer change to"NO, you can't. We don't want to waste you time for driving to here. we don't have stock here. we have to check our warehouse. I will call you back" I left my phone number. It has been three days, no one call me back, no answer the phone. Answering machine always!!
    They cashed my credit card on Wendesday. The last day they answer my call.
    I saw someone recommend this website and said they have lowest price. Thinking carefully before you believe it.

2. georgej

georgej Member

I've ordered from them numerous times since way back - 1996. Sometimes they can be slow, but the've grown in leaps in bounds... they always come though for me. I deal with a guy named Jason.

Don't beleive everything you hear on the internet!

3. DrisDro

DrisDro Member

hey georgej i'm beginning to think that u work for them cuz every is complaining and all ur doing is copying a pasting the same B.S in all the cybershop threads, whats the deal bro

4. Supreme

Supreme Member

Fishy Indeed.

5. goinghome

goinghome Guest

I recently ordered a smd and card from cocybershop and it wasnt spectacular service, however it was just as good as anyone else i have encountered on the net. Did take a bit long however, but I think it is because it took my money order a week just to get to ontario....but overall not bad.

6. georgej

georgej Member

No, I like these guys, made me a lot of cash... I'm backing them up dude.

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

just cuz you like them dont mean you can walk here and say they are good they are the best... look iv seen about 20 threads about how crap the service they give you... either they like you and your special for them... OR you work for them... iether way stop doing those threads saying how good they are... btw they go SLOOOOOOOW shipping... when one shiping should take 1 week it takes them 1 month to deliver... good thing i only order ps2 games online and not parts or chips i got me ways to get chips and it cost me almost nothing... compared to the other sites that claim they sell original parts they just lie to people... and im getting sick of it.. i know i cant tell you to shup up or go away but if you go on like this you will be hated by other people...

8. georgej

georgej Member

I can walk in hear and say whatever I want bro, just like you.

9. reflexusa

reflexusa Member

hey i just ordered stealth 4 chips from them and they shipped out REAL fast but the chips have a bogus code on them, verified with a reader i just built. Upon calling them, they said to return them, but because they are in canada you have to fill out international forms on the items. All told is not worth the trouble anymore, ill order my blanks direct next time

10. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

I ordered from them last week and my order has been shipped...It should arrive tomorrow or Thursday...The trouble is I'm away at school and they will not ship to an adress that is different from the billing address...So I have to have my mom ship the flip top to me here in school...They are based out of Waterloo, which is really close to my home town of Orangeville...Too bad I'm ages away in Thunder Bay...A friend of mine also orders X Box chips frmo there and he recommended them...

11. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i got my premod and ps2 chipped at modchipworld.com and they have great survice...and fast shipping ,i would recommend them

12. georgej

georgej Member

Hey reflexusa - FYI protected chips cant have the entire code read back, I know for a fact that they protect them when they are programmed - I tried to read the code back also... quickly found out that only a portion of code reads back. I

13. smoky

smoky Member

I would say GoCybershop is about average as far as mod-chip dealers go. I picked them because they are close to where I live (Toronto). Here's my story with them; late last year I sent in my ps2 to be modded with a M2 Pro chip. Got it back in 1 week, it didn't boot DVDR backups so I sent it back and they fixed it (a wire had come loose during shipping). It worked great for about 6 weeks then it stopped working again so I thought another wire had come loose so I cracked it open but everything looked kosher so I told them about the problem and they said I had voided their warranty by opening the case and I would have to pay to get it fixed. I was a bit pissed but sent it in anyways and agreed to pay for any necessary repairs. I sent it to them on Dec 17th and I should be getting it today. That's right almost 3 MONTHS LATER!!! First they said they were on vacation for a week, then they said they had sent it out, then they kinda forgot about it for a bit, then they said they weren't sure where it was. Finally 2 days ago they found it and sent it back. They seem to be up and down on their service as you can see; this is just my experience with them

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  14. georgej

georgej Member

Hey smoky, I asked one of the guys there if they hired more people - and they did. I think they will be better in future.

I know its been eaiser to get through on phones and the service is faster.

Still can't pass up on the cheap prices....

15. smoky

smoky Member

Maybe, but I'm still not pleased with their service. I got my PS2 back yesterday and it still won't boot the DVD-R backups I have. It used to boot these no problem; they told me it booted theirs fine so maybe something is wrong with the burns I did....we'll see. Anyone else in the Toronto area do installs of Messiah 2 Pros?

16. smoky

smoky Member

Just wanted to give an update on my problems with GoCyber Shop. After getting my PS2 back from them I sent it out to www.madisonmods.com as I was impressed with his posts over at www.cdrom-guide.com. Basically the problem was a craptastic install by GoCyber Shop; here is a list of the problems with their work :

stole all but 2 of the 9 small machine screws from the heat transfer plate covering the mainboard

Power and ground wires both too long and 30 gauge which may have caused the chip to overheat

Clock wire was not twisted (to prevent interference) and was so badly soldered it broke off at a touch

Used the wrong clocking point

SCEX point badly soldered and broke off to the touch

Used a FedEx label to secure chip to the mainboard instead of electrical tape or glue

Installed chip in the wrong part of the board, once their FedEx label came loose the chip touched the metal part of the board

In short I got royally screwed by them, they charged me $80 CAD for the install plus I had to pay for shipping back and forth a few times for them to "fix" the problem which they never did..The only bright spot appears to be that the chip they sold me is good however I will never deal with them again...I will be calling Jeramie @ Go CyberShop on Monday to get a refund for the install. I will post an update when I speak with him

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  17. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

They sent me a faulty DMS3 chip. I think they are selling rejected chips. Return Policy? FORGEDDABOUTDIT.

18. georgej

georgej Member

I think your buddy at madisonmods.com is full of crap to better his business! Heres why

1. I would'nt and don't either put all shield screws in, I have personally pinched wires and grounded out a machine - learned from my mistake. The sheild was made for NOT having mods shoved in under the sheild with tape extra wires etc.. - who the hell steals those s**t screws anyways?

2. It doesnt matter the length of the wire for the ground and it wont overheat the chip - maybe madisonmods.com is smoking crack, a thicker guage or doubling up the ground is recommended - see other ps2 installation forums

3. clock wire doesn't need to be twisted as long as it is run appropriately away from other wires , not overlapping etc - clock wire for messiah is a tiny spot to solder to - dont glob the solder on - you will run the possibility of touching another component or solder pad - see modchip.ca for tips - they have some good ones

4. never use glue - you may want to remove the chip and can damage a component on board if needed to take off if defective or upgrading

5. there are more than one clocking point - tell madisonmods.com to go and look at the diagrams

6. SCEX point - yes you need a good connection - again, dont glob solder- if it connects clean and after a little tug doesnt come off, I say it's good

7. a sticker? isnt tape sticky? I think that's own preference... some stuff may work better

8. its up to you where you feel comfortable putting the chip - Sony didn't design for mods... or maybe they did lol

I have personally done over 1000 machines, this bulls**t posted by SMOKY is just a clear case of some punk badmouthing someone else to try and get ahead and/or get business - VDO Specialities is famous for this also!

Oh Ya.. as posted above GO CYBER SHOP supplies nearly all my mods and have helped me out tons of times.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  19. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

george...got a couple of ques

saying I at the begining makes it sound like u did this mod and that u would never do these thing implying that u work for gocybershop

and even if u didnt work for them why would it matter about the way YOU install modchips...just because you install it one way doesnt mean that gocybershop installs it the same way...unless gocyber shop is you

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]-Viper

ps2 v9
    fliptop w/SMD 3.2[/small]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  20. georgej

georgej Member

I should have worded it better... I deal with them, dont work for them.

The point is, this madisonmods place is feeding crap. I have posted how I do my mods which will show people they are just trashing my supplier.