1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be gentle -I'm a virgin

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ojoygold, Feb 8, 2004.

1. ojoygold

ojoygold Member

Just got a Digital Research DVD+/-RW/+/-R Dual Format Burner and DVD X Copy Platinum. First few DVD's came out great-no problems. Now an experiencing three diff problems (not simultaneously) 1) Burn process completes, but DVD is blank. 2) Burn process gets to "finalizing" and program freezes, have to restart computer, DVD+R is blank. 3) DVD is written but when played freezes and pixallates (sp) Help? Is it the new burner or DVD X Copy? Or me? I'm really new at this so please KIS. thanks!

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

With back ups that perhaps pixelate/freeze towards the end could well be down to media used (?)

As to DVD X Copy , I think you might get better answers from :
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

herb :)

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Try DVDshrink.. I have not had any trouble with it.. Plus it's free

Matt

4. Slofire

Slofire Member

or Dvd Decryptor, I used that had no problems. I got a +r dvd to work on my player when everyone including that Compatibility list told me no DVD+r disks would work.

The problem you might be having could be media or firmware related as well. Have you tried flashing your drive to update it FW

5. ojoygold

ojoygold Member

Thank you all. I did switch media after the first few. I am going to try some other media. Also, I was told today that I should not keep my Norton Antivirus enabled.
    Could that be interferring?

6. ojoygold

ojoygold Member

What does "flashing my drive to update it FW" mean? Told you I'm a real beginner!

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Flashing your drive rewrites the internal programming (firmware) that directly controls the hardware, usually so it will burn media that didn't exist when the prior firmware was written. Normally you get firmware updgrades either from the drive manufacturer or the company whose name is on it. Some people use "hacked" firmware that gives the drive capabilities not available with the official firmware.

Flashing is done by running a program that gives the drive instructions to flash (erase) the chip that holds the firmware and then load the code for the new firmware.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVD X Copy has a compatibility list for burners and if yours isn't listed then it may be the wrong software for you. DVD shrink works ok, really slow but it works most of the time. The best combo I've found is DVD2one with CopyToDVD. They integrate and funtion like a single piece of software and DVD2one is a lot faster than DVD Shrink. HLG