1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been out of the loop

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Frog1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

sorry if this question is noobie. My little brother just bought a new psp slim with 3.6 firmware and wants to downgrade. I have a fat psp and downgraded it to 1.5 and am now at 3.4 oe-b. I have been doin a bit of reading and looks to me like you need this pandora battery and magic memory stick thingy (all new to me never heard of it but) I am pretty sure i can handle making those as i have a custom firmware psp. But can I use on his 3.6 not real sure. I dont want to brick the little guys psp. Is ther anything i need to now which i havent read about.

2. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

You cant actually Downgrade the slim. Due to the fact the slim can not use the 1.5 kernal like the Phat PSP does. You do need to make a pandoras battery. Then head on over to qj.net and look for 3.71 cfw for the slim.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You will need to use your FAT PSP to make the Pandora Battery. Then use the 3.60 M33 CFW for slim to modify the Magic Memory stick to install the 3.60 M33 CFW on his PSP slim.

I sent you a PM so check your private messages.

4. Frog1

Frog1 Regular member

thanks guys for the info that actually clears it up alot. there were a few things that werent adding up when i was reading about all this. but now that i know you dont actually downgrade and you just install a custom firmware with these magic batteries and MS it makes alot more sense. I returned your PM larry i hope that is OK. CHEERS.