1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been trying for 2 days to connect xbox to pc plz help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by BreakZ, Dec 21, 2004.

1. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

:( I have been trying this for 2 days non-stop and I have gone all over the internet trying absolutely everything and I still can't connect to my xbox.
    This is what I have:
    1) X-box version 1.6 and I just got a modchip on it. When I Start it with the modchip on it has an Evo X on the top left of the screen. I Guess this is a Evolution-X dashboard? It looks just like the standard dash thow.
    2) Hub
    3) Computer with Windows XP
    4) Flash FXP

Can somone please help me. The whole time when the guides ask me to change the xbox IP, I have bene going to
    Settings->Network Settings->IP addresses->Manual configuration
    than I would enter in the IP. Is that the right way?
    Somone please help me.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Are you using a crossover cable or a patch cable? Also, if you're using a hub, you probably have to edit your settings for that too.

3. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

I am useing "CAT 5e PATCH CABLE"'s.

4. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

I have one going from my computer to the hub, and another from the xbox to the hub.
    My computer is in slot one and my xbox in slot 2.

5. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

The evox you see on the top left of the screen is just the evox bios logo. The bios and the dash are 2 different things. Did you actually install the dash or just flash the bios so far? You won't be able to ftp in until you have both the evox bios and dash.

6. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

I got my xbox modded by somone.
    What is a bios and what is a dash? All I know is it playes backed-up games games now.

7. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

The dashboard is kind of like the operating system of the xbox. If when you boot your xbox (without a game) it goes to the normal xbox menu (dashboard) then you need to install a replacement such as evolutionx. Then, once you get that all setup you can ftp into your xbox.

8. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

9. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You need a dash boot disc
    Get a cdrw and burn the default.xbe, evox ini and the folder with the skins along with some padding(I have a 100mb .bin file in mine) using Nero.Use new compilation/cdrom iso/no multisession/iso 9660 mode level 1/Joliet off.
    .xbe file must be named default.xbe for it to boot up.

Once you have a disc that will boot into evox you'll be able to ftp the dashboard files onto the C partition of your xbox.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  10. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Want a way where you don't need a pc to put the files one? Just download the avalaunch multigame disk. Then while you're at it you might as well put a game or two on it....also a folder with the files that you want to transfer onto your xbox. Now just turn off your machine with the disk in and boot to it. You will boot to a temp avalaunch dahsboard,now all you have to do is use the file manager and transfer the files to the proper places and you're done. Make sure they're named properly too.