1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Before I begin.... Questions, please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by owvp702, Mar 30, 2007.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

Okay I have a Dell computer. It's pretty compact so it doesn't have an slots to add an internal DVD+R DL. So the first question is, Is there a good external DVD burner that will work? Right now I have an external SONY DVD+RW DL but I read somewhere that the SONY ones don't work.

Next, I bought the X360USB adapter since I don't have SATA port on this computer, will this work (I've researched and it looks like it should, I just wanna make sure).

I have the Hitachi dvd drive if that info is needed.

Thanks for any help

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

Someone respond already. I know you know the answer to at least one of my questions.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

someone read the rules and know not to bump their own thread, especially on the same day they posted.

you don't like AD, then use google. hell, you should anyway.

4. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

first answer yesyour current burner should work fine, I have an 820 that works all the time on my 47dj, second question is also a yes you will be able to flash fine with the usb adapter, 3rd point is you can buy whatever burner you want an attach it to a external case that will make it an external burner.

5. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

I never said I don't like AD, I love AD. It is the reason I was successfull in modding my PS2, XBOX, and PSP. I did google and I also read tons of tuts but nothing answers my specific questions. Everywhere I look it says you should get the Pioneer DVD burner, well I have a $140 external Sony burner that I was wondering if it would work. Like I said about the X360USB, I read everywhere that it should work, i just wanted to double check HERE, because I trust AD Members.

Thanks for the help techguy.

6. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

no problem at all, and by the way if you need any other help don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007