1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

before i buy my burner..

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dg3elite, Oct 22, 2004.

1. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

I am currently using the GAMESHARK swapping trick and so far with COMPACT DISC games. What i need to make sure if I buy my DVD Burner will it work on the gameshark swapping trick ( DVD Based Games ) .. and if it will work can someone give me a link to the guide how to burn the dvd's ..

Another thing.. is it worth the extra $$ to get a 8x instead of a 12x?? i heard that you must burn at a very slooooow speed.

And does dvd movies ( burned ) play on my ps2??

sorry for all the questions, i just want to get this all straightened out.

Thanks

2. rowdan

rowdan Member

In my opinion get what ever drive is lessexpensive seeming as you should burn the ps2 games as slow as posable, 1x or 2x, however the brand name might be some thing to look at..... iv heard that plextor are very good drives but to that end i beleive they are also more expensive then most other drives.

i am not 100% sure but i beleive you need a dvd boot disk to play the dvd back ups games and movies, or posably a harddrive for the games.

thought i have a V4 PS2, i did here that the newer ones might suport dvd-r movies.

3. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

"i am not 100% sure but i beleive you need a dvd boot disk to play the dvd back ups games and movies, or posably a harddrive for the games. "

i believe you but you said you werent 100 % sure.. can someone comfirm this?

Thanks

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if burned correctly then yes dvdr backup movies will play in the ps2 without any modification, now i don't usualy get involved with the gameshark boot method as i don't use it myself and never have but from what i have read on this forum you can boot dvdr backups as long as you have the correct version of gameshark but some dvd game backups can be a problem to boot