1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

before i get going

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jsung, Mar 16, 2007.

1. jsung

jsung Member

im considering getting a psp soon (2 weeks) but im confused about so many things. so i have a few questions:

1)does it matter which firmware version i buy?
    2)does the white psp have the TA-82 mobo?
    3)can i play isos online?
    4)whats so bad about the TA-82?
    5)what are the chances of "bricking" my psp?
    6)what are the factors in "bricking" my psp
    7)can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to hack my psp (please remember that i am compleatly new to modding/hacking)
    8)i live in new zealand. what are the chances of ending up with a TA-82 mobo?

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

A1: any firmware upto and including 3.03. but best bet getting 1.5 if possible.
    A2: dont no if they all do but mine has.
    A3: some of them. but not to sure. can anyone correct me?
    A4: you cant use a mod chip. apart from that nothing as far as im concerned.
    A5: not very high if you do everything right. read all read me files.
    A6: doing a bad flash can brick. semi bricked can be fixed easily. full bricks your stuck.
    A7: just search the forum. depends on what you want to do. there are tuts all over.
    A8: no idea. :)

3. jsung

jsung Member

whats so good about 1.5?
    and is there a 2.80 to 1.5 (or any other way e.g 2.80 to 2.70 to 1.5)

4. jsung

jsung Member

also whats the best oe version? 3.03 OE-C or 3.10 OE-...(the latest one)

whats the latest OE?

5. jsung

jsung Member

which firmware versions actually come preinstalled on the psp? cause i heard that theres 3.11 out, so i was wondering which versions get updated form the game and which ones come with the psp?

last thing is: how do i identify the firmware on the psp by the barcode?

thanks.
    and sorry for triple posting

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

1.5 is best to start with bcos you can upgrade to oe firmware from it. you can downgrade from any firmware apart from 3.10 upwards.
    3.10oe is newer than 3.03oe but i still use 3.03oe-c bcos its better for customizing.
    the firmware that is on a psp to start with can vary. if you look on the barcode on the box it will have a letter on its own determining its firmware. google search, psp firmware letter code, or something like that and you will find out which letter is which firmware.

7. jsung

jsung Member

i got my white psp today YAAAAAAAAY!!!!! (it has the TA-082 mobo but i dont mind cause its hard to get modchips in new zealand.) is there anyway to put the ps1 emulator on the psp with current frimware? didnt sony realease a ps1 emulator? if there is one can someone give me the link for it?

thanks in advance

8. man12

man12 Guest

DO stores still sell 1.5 firmware and if so, what store in america or england does.