1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beggining to lose hope (SNES Station)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bobbinbob, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

So i was at this all day trying to figure it out, what im trying to do is put the SNES station with the roms onto my hard drive for the PS2. I dont have a modded PS2, so i have been trying to put the SNES station on the hard drive directly by connecting it to my PC. I followed the guide that came with the download at SNES station.com but it still hasnt worked for me. im really not sure what i did wrong at all. is there something easy to overlook that i may have missed? or is this just not possible to do...? : (

2. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

It should be possible to do. What I would recommend is to burn those roms onto CDs (i don't think snes station supports roms burned on a dvd), and then once you burn the cd, use winhiip to add the cd image onto the hard drive. I imagine it should work since it's booting up like a regular old ps2 cd game. Remember to use the cd version of hdadvance, or whatever you're using.

3. madhops23

madhops23 Member

People have been trying to put emulators on the harddrive for a long time. I would recommend saving time and forgeting about it until you hear other news(thats what I did). It does not take that long to boot snes station with roms from a cd. Also, the roms are so small that you can fit all that you need on the same cd.

4. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

i tryed that cd thing to but to no avail, (i loaded it into the comps CD drive and used wunhiip to move it to the hard drive). im leaving my dads house today so i wont be able to try for another week at least (i dont have a desktop to put a hard drive in at school). Are both .bin and .cue files supposed to be burnt onto the CD? Also when i was using cdgenPS2 the ROMs folder was second from the top of the list. On the guide at SNES Station it said that order does matter, but i couldnt change the order. Maybe that was my problem? My order was: The ISO volume name at the top, then my ROMs folder, Then System.CNF, and last SNES_EMU.elf. Maybe my order was wrong? thats the only thing i could think of. but if thats the case how do you change the order anyway? The ROM folder moved its self to the top everytime.

I dont have swap magic or any of that stuff either so i cant use the CD-R on its own with my PS2. Thats why im curious about loading it onto the hard drive directly : )

Thanks for the replys!

5. madhops23

madhops23 Member

The order does not matter for anything, but the roms. The roms folder has to be last. You need some type of swap cd to load the game. Gameshark and action replay work in addition to swap magic.

You might want to look into a swapmagic.elf file that launches from the harddrive. Ive found traces of it in posts, but I was never able to find anything useful. If you find one that works, let me know because I would definately be interested.

6. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

ah thats the type of info i was looking for all day yesterday : D now i at least know what file type to look for thanks.

and you said that order doesnt matter, but the ROMs file must be last right? well mine wasnt last and i couldnt make it be last, it jumped up the list automatically. how do you make it last?

7. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

hey just found this on these forums actually. it sounds like an awsome solution, but you need a mod chip. if you have a mod chip then this would work for you. but i need to find a way to use this without one : (

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/147422

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  8. madhops23

madhops23 Member

What directions did you use? I used the ones on the official snes-station site. I followed them exactly and it worked the first time. You can find this site by a simple google search of "snes-station". You get the order corrected by changing the LBA, but I cannot remember exact details because I did this almost a year ago.

9. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

yeah i folowed the smae instructions exactly as well, but i dont have swap magic so i didnt work because of that fact, i was trying to load it onto the hard drive, which i found it is impossible to do. oh well. i need a mod chip : /

10. madhops23

madhops23 Member

Unless you can solder or know somebody who can, I would not get a modchip. Ive heard the no-solder ones are not very good. I have a flip top and swap magic and they work well. You can get the package for 35-40. Also, if you want to boot ps1 games, you can get gameshark lite on ebay for about $6.

Also, there is an alternative to the fliptop. You can take off the lid and undo some screws and effictively have a flip top. I have done this and it works, but I would not reccommend it for prolonged use. It is much more cost effective to spend $20 on the fliptop.

11. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

just found out today that my roomate know how to solder. so hopefully he could do it for me. i dont like the idea of he swap magic disks jsut cause everytime you want to play a game you would have to get up, swap a disk in and out. id rather not deal with it and just keep one disk in the playstation.

12. romero

romero Regular member

There is no way to get SNESstation w/ roms to run from HD: Problem is not in the disc but emulator code itself, it will search the roms only from CD/DVD and it doesn't have HD support.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  13. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

yeah i found that out too, thasta shame. wish you could run it form the hd though, thatd be awsome. : )

14. romero

romero Regular member

Well, you CAN run emulator from HD but the roms must be still in CD/DVD :p