1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beginner here...what should i get?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by travisg85, Jan 29, 2005.

1. travisg85

travisg85 Member

I want to start getting into video production. Editing short films and stuff like that and making DVD's and things. I have no clue where to start. So i was wonderin if anyone could give me some recomendations on software to buy. I'm looking for something not over 200 bucks. One thing that i want to do is use two shots for scene's and stuff. I dont know if that uses different types of programs or what. Basically i have no knowledge in this area and need help getting started. thanks.

2. colw

colw Active member

Read and learn.

Try clicking on the guides and software tabs at the top of this page.

There is a wealth of informtion available - enough to keep you occupied for the next six months.

3. travisg85

travisg85 Member

k thats great and stuff but...i have no idea what i'm looking for. I dont even know what i want..never mind what to get. I just need a point in a direction either by someone helping me w/ questions or a beginner thread or web site.

Remember i'm clueless...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

5. pfh

pfh Guest

Join the club travisg. We all have to start somewhere. One thing that is helping me is read, experiment, read, try some stuff, read, get something that works, read some more and start asking questions.

One thing that is going to help you alot is finding out dvd structure and learning terms and such. Study those basic things first.

Another area is your pc. Is it set up properly to handle video editing? Fast processor, 512mb or more of memory, capture device, and LARGE HD space is almost a must. Otherwise you'll end up frustrated.