1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner Modder Needing Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kellyfell, Jun 9, 2007.

1. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

Firts of all hi. I have a white psp uk version (i think thats european is it?)with firmware 2.81. I am aware that there are various thing you can do with the psp and i i think i understand a bit, heres what i think i know:

"I need to update to firmware 3.03 and then downgrade to firmware 2.00 using an unpatched version of GTA LCS (i have the unpatched LCS)."

That is all i know, i dont even know why i need my psp to be firmware 2.00, Will this allow me to download games and play them on the psp? or do i need a custom firmware (i do not no ANYTHING about custom firmware, i just know that it exists!)

I have heard that it is also possible to play snes games on the psp, how do i go about doing that?

I would be extremely gratefull if somebody could help me, all ppl have done b4 is redirect me to a forum with instructions, which was absolutely no use to me at all.

I AM AWARE THAT DURING THE PROCESS OF MODDING/DOWNGRADING THERE IS A CHANCE OF BREAKING YOUR PSP (BRICKING I THINK), PLEASE NOTE I HOLD MYSELF AND ONLY MYSELF RESPONSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO MY PSP DURING THE PROCESS SO NO BLAME WILL BE FORWARDED TO ANYONE HELPING ME

Thanks very Much In Advance

2. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

its not 2.00 m8. its 1.50.thts the ver u must be in. n after being at 1.50, then upgade to custom fw.the latest 1 is 3.40oe-a,which i am n a lot of other people is using right now.

custom fw is a combined 1.50fw n 3.xx fw,which can make ur psp run hombrew(which is 1.50 did) n also have the features of the latest ver(3.xx oe-x).custom fw starts from 3.02 n the latest is 3.40. back at their name holds the oe(open edition) created by dark alex.

all oe cfw: 3.02oe-a, b
    3.03oe-a, a', b, c
    3.10oe-a, a'
    3.30oe-a, a'
    3.40oe-a

to downgrade ur psp use tis link : http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about17935.html

if u have any other Ques, u may ask....

hope tis helps...

3. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

Thanks m8 youve helped a little, so are you saying i dont need to downgrade to 2.00, what is my first step? do i need to upgrade to 3.03?

Thanks

4. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

What is the minimum size of memory card to use for this, and what is the best?

thanks again

5. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

you have to upgrade to 3.03 and then use the 3.03 downgrader(the downgrader requires a unptached GTA UMD)

its not important what big memorystick you use..32 mb does it fine..

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

dont really matter what memory card you use.
    you need to downgrade to 1.5 because you can only install custom firmware from 1.5.
    use the link in my sig. that should help on how to do it.

7. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

thts wht major of the afterdawners hv done to dwngrade their psp.go to 3.03 1st n then to 1.5 n then to cfw. gud luck to u m8...

8. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

OK it all becoming a little clearer now but i cant find the 3.03 update ANYWHERE! another problem i have remembered is i dont know how to actually install the firmware to my psp when i get it. I really appreciate the help i am recieving, thanks to all.

9. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

10. TitoGanGs

TitoGanGs Member

u Can Get it From Psp Hacks http://www.psp-hacks.com And i assure u that u will find it : on The Left Click On PSP DOWNLOADS
    Then Choose FirmWare
    Then Click on PSP FIRMWARES UPDATES
    Then Click On The First One Which is 3.0X
    Then Choose The 3.03 FirmWare Update (US)
    And Now U can Download it In The Shape Of EBOOT.pbp And Put it into Ur Memory Stick (PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.pbp) and Switch on ur PSP Go To Game Then MemoryStick And Here U Go But Make Sure That Ur Battery is Above 80% or Higher And Dont Switch Ur PSP While UPDATING..I Think U Got it ??

11. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

is it during this process that the psp can be bricked? and should i keep my charger in?

12. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

13. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

will the 3.03 update work on my psp because i hav a european psp and the update is U.S?

14. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

go here download 3.03 oe-c winstaller, run it on your computer, plug in your psp, on the installer screen it asks what drive your psp is on for example mine is f:/, after that it will install everything you need on your psp, then disable usb, go to the memory stick under the game selection on psp, and run the 3.03 oe-c firmware installer, and have your psp charged over 75% or you can just hold L+Triangle to pass that screen, and keep your psp charger plugged in just in case,

15. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

also from what i heard it doesnt matter what region update you use because you are upgrading to custom firmware, but official firmware use the correct region

16. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

I went to [http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892] and tried to download the 3.03oe thingy but it takes me to a site and i try to download it but it just wont happen, i dont understand the site from which i have to download it, is there anywhere else i can get it and is this the "easy installer"?

Thanks again
    kellfelly

17. hax92

hax92 Member

how do i downgrade a PSP from 2.70 to 1.50?? please help

18. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

19. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

I appreciate the help from everybody but if u wish to ask a differnt question plz post ur own thread. Now, how do i download the easy installer. plz help and thanx.

20. kellyfell

kellyfell Member

Can Somebody plz help me.?
    I am completely lost now? i need to upgrade to firmware 3.03 and as i said i cant find it anywhere, even the above links dont help, ive tried googling it to no avail!